should be reviewed for increased MPG

yummyfoxybadboy

Lets see here, if someone saves 1mpg with this part, then the average driver will save 56.5 gallons per year (at 15,000 miles per year, using their numbers for the Surburban with the AC on). At $1.90 per gallon, that's $107 annually.

Not bad, but how much does this thing cost? The MSNBC article says $70....If it is actually that cheap, then it could be a good investment.

Sorry but this airboz sounds like snake oil to me. Put it in the same catergory with the Tornado. :crazy: Everytime gas prices jump up, someone comes along with another gimmick. :D

Am I missing something? What is this thing? If it works so good why won't they show a picture of it or where it installs? Sounds kinda fishy to me, I dont' know but I smell :D

We tracked the visitors going to our web site back to this site.

Since this is a discussion forum, we will like to participate in the discussion if that is feasible.

First of all, the design of this part is somewhat innovative only because we have made it work on a number of vehicles. It is true that will not work on every single make or model. We don't believe we ever made that claim.

Second, yes it is a fan with a particular pitch on the fan blade (there is no motor and itis not static like the tornado). Because of the pitch of the blade, the airboz forces more air and removes the negative back pressure from the lower half of the flap on the throttle body. This does not change the air fuel ratio which every car we have tested so far is measured at 14.7.

Third, we have been working on this since last year. Gasoline prices went up since June of 2001 and have not come down to that same price. Why are we doing this? Simply because we care to put out there something that works.

Forth, we do not want to put a picture out for it simply because we do not want to alert competition. Anyone who tries to copy our product will have to undergo the same regulations that our product is being submitted to. California Air Resource Board is reviewing our application and has held our product since June, 2004. The approval process is out of our hands. However, the process does prove our claim that the airboz will not increase vehicle emissions.

In the next few months, car and truck magazines will review our product. Once it is proven that it works, we are still going to hear from those people that think we paid for them to publish positive results.

We understand that with any "simple" product comes a ton of skepticism. That is due to the many products in the market which make claims and fail to support them. We have not and will not mislead anyone or any possitive results for financial gain. If this product delivers what it promised, it will remain on the market and obviously if it doesn't, it won't.

We are not in this to fail. Who is?

Please feel free to post your questions or just email us directly at [email protected]

Sorry but this airboz sounds like snake oil to me. Put it in the same catergory with the Tornado. :crazy: Everytime gas prices jump up, someone comes along with another gimmick. :D

Am I missing something? What is this thing? If it works so good why won't they show a picture of it or where it installs? Sounds kinda fishy to me, I dont' know but I smell :D

Since this is a discussion forum, we will like to participate in the discussion if that is feasible.

First of all, the design of this part is somewhat innovative only because we have made it work on a number of vehicles. It is true that will not work on every single make or model. We don't believe we ever made that claim.

Second, yes it is a fan with a particular pitch on the fan blade (there is no motor and itis not static like the tornado). Because of the pitch of the blade, the airboz forces more air and removes the negative back pressure from the lower half of the flap on the throttle body. This does not change the air fuel ratio which every car we have tested so far is measured at 14.7.

Third, we have been working on this since last year. Gasoline prices went up since June of 2001 and have not come down to that same price. Why are we doing this? Simply because we care to put out there something that works.

Forth, we do not want to put a picture out for it simply because we do not want to alert competition. Anyone who tries to copy our product will have to undergo the same regulations that our product is being submitted to. California Air Resource Board is reviewing our application and has held our product since June, 2004. The approval process is out of our hands. However, the process does prove our claim that the airboz will not increase vehicle emissions.

In the next few months, car and truck magazines will review our product. Once it is proven that it works, we are still going to hear from those people that think we paid for them to publish positive results.

We understand that with any "simple" product comes a ton of skepticism. That is due to the many products in the market which make claims and fail to support them. We have not and will not mislead anyone or any possitive results for financial gain. If this product delivers what it promised, it will remain on the market and obviously if it doesn't, it won't.

Please feel free to post your questions or just email us directly at [email protected]

I have a couple concerns/questions...

1. Since it sits on the bottom part of the throttle plate, doesn't that actually restrict air flow? I'm familiar with porting throttle bodies and such, and I'm just curious as to how "less" air is going to make more power?? I understand how it can still be stoic with the air/fuel, but wouldn't that make less power instead of more, and cause the vehicle to run richer? (Would the PCM think the engine is getting more air than it is?) Will the sensors reading still be accurate? With where they are in relation to the product I mean... Anyways, just random thoughts about it.

2. Also, It seems like the chance of it coming off and going into the intake manifold would be pretty high.. Have you guys noticed any problems like that while testing?

I have a couple concerns/questions...

1. Since it sits on the bottom part of the throttle plate, doesn't that actually restrict air flow? I'm familiar with porting throttle bodies and such, and I'm just curious as to how "less" air is going to make more power?? I understand how it can still be stoic with the air/fuel, but wouldn't that make less power instead of more, and cause the vehicle to run richer? (Would the PCM think the engine is getting more air than it is?) Will the sensors reading still be accurate? With where they are in relation to the product I mean... Anyways, just random thoughts about it.

2. Also, It seems like the chance of it coming off and going into the intake manifold would be pretty high.. Have you guys noticed any problems like that while testing?

1. No it does not sit on the bottom part of the throttle plate. It increases air flow and it is variable to any given engine rpm. We do not claim that we create more horsepower. We have not measured a difference in horsepower when installing the airboz. This product does not lean out or make it run richer. If it made it run leaner, the engine temperature would rise. Our road trip test to vegas and in Houston would have indicated such rise. The sensors do read the difference of air flow and make accurate adjustments. That is why we use the LM1 air/fuel ratio analyzer to make "real time" readings. We do not test in a garage or test lab. The road testing is what counts since that is where the vehicle is used.

2. We have an excellent design to keep anything from being sucked into the intake manifold. We use a stainless steel clip to hold the airboz in place. The installation is simple and anyone who can perform an oil change can install the airboz.

There is no such thing as random thinking. If you have any thoughts that may be regarded as concerns, it would be our pleasure to clear them up and bring light to the design, application and installation of the airboz.

Clearinnovation/yummyfoxybadboy,I need you to explain to me why you felt it necessary to post on this subject under two seperate names.It's beginning to seem like a little trolling or self promotion going on.

I would like some clarification on this issue ASAP please.

1. No it does not sit on the bottom part of the throttle plate. It increases air flow and it is variable to any given engine rpm. We do not claim that we create more horsepower. We have not measured a difference in horsepower when installing the airboz. This product does not lean out or make it run richer. If it made it run leaner, the engine temperature would rise. Our road trip test to vegas and in Houston would have indicated such rise. The sensors do read the difference of air flow and make accurate adjustments. That is why we use the LM1 air/fuel ratio analyzer to make "real time" readings. We do not test in a garage or test lab. The road testing is what counts since that is where the vehicle is used.

2. We have an excellent design to keep anything from being sucked into the intake manifold. We use a stainless steel clip to hold the airboz in place. The installation is simple and anyone who can perform an oil change can install the airboz.

There is no such thing as random thinking. If you have any thoughts that may be regarded as concerns, it would be our pleasure to clear them up and bring light to the design, application and installation of the airboz.

Ok, sorry about that. I couldn't really tell from the photo on your site, and I just realized that what you posted earlier about it not being shown anyways... my bad.

I thought the photo on your site showed the thing installed on the lower half of the throttle plate.

Anyways, good luck with your research and product!

You can do that. :D

Yep but seeing as how he and yummyfoxybadboy are either the same person or they are posting from the same network,they didn't need to.

I'm still waiting for a response to my previous post from you "two" on this because you deceived by trying to make it look like you weren't associated with this product to begin with and that's not good practice.It also goes against board rules so I want an explanation.

Archived