Brake Wire Color

Anyone know what color the brake light wire is on the trailer hitch plug? I got one of those light up bowtie things to fit in the reciever and I dont want to just plug it into the factory harness for it will just look retarded, so I want to put a plug in behind there to plug it into. I could use a volt meeter but its out of batteries :nono:

MIke

Anyone know what color the brake light wire is on the trailer hitch plug?  I got one of those light up bowtie things to fit in the reciever and I dont want to just plug it into the factory harness for it will just look retarded, so I want to put a plug in behind there to plug it into.  I could use a volt meeter but  its out of batteries  :nono:

MIke

If you just tap into both of the directionals (green and yellow) it will work when you step on the brakes but also when either directional is on. I don't think there is a way to get it to work with just the brakes and not when a directional is on. BTW why not use the parking light wire (brown) and have it on when the lights are on?

On pickups (same as tahoes????) there is no designated brake light pin on the factory 7 pin connector. The brake lights are part of the Left/right blinker pin. There is a wire (blue) for trailer brakes but this works off the brake controller. There is, however, a seperate wire that hangs down under the 7 pin connector. This is for the trailer middle mount (3rd) brake light. This would be what you want to hook into.

On pickups (same as tahoes????) there is no designated brake light pin on the factory 7 pin connector. The brake lights are part of the Left/right blinker pin. There is a wire (blue) for trailer brakes but this works off the brake controller. There is, however, a seperate wire that hangs down under the 7 pin connector. This is for the trailer middle mount (3rd) brake light. This would be what you want to hook into.

Right, thats what I am notice...BUT how come when I plug it in to the factory spot with a adapter...does it work w/ the breake only?

edit....guess it doesn't

Welp your all right, I plucg it in like I should. And it comes ONLY comes on with brakes and right turn signal.

I dont want that.

But I dont see that 3rd brake lamp wire down there either :nono: . Is it with the wire loom the other stuff is in?

I supose I could tap into my brake lamps if I wanted too...

Or the idea of always on is prob easier. just tap into tail lamps..

Humm

Archived