04 Denali Heated Seats Inoperative

ECG

Got a quick question. Sometimes when i start my 04 Denali and go to turn the heated seats on they don't work. The switches are dead in both doors. If i shut the truck off and restart it they will work. The problem is very intermittent, has anyone else had this issue? Anyone have a solution??

Thanks,

Pete :flag:

Got a quick question. Sometimes when i start my 04 Denali and go to turn the heated seats on they don't work. The switches are dead in both doors. If i shut the truck off and restart it they will work. The problem is very intermittent, has anyone else had this issue? Anyone have a solution??

Thanks,

Pete :flag:

O my GOD what is worest then taking a truck back to the dealer with intermittent problem,:seeya: I hate to say this but you could be screwed .

But hopefully they will not work when you take the truck in

• 1 month later...

So far no fix. They have been working consistently for the last month or so, but today failed to turn on. Of course when the dealer looks at it, they work perfectly. Any GMC techs out there??????? need some help.

Thanks,.

Pete

So far no fix. They have been working consistently for the last month or so, but today failed to turn on. Of course when the dealer looks at it, they work perfectly. Any GMC techs out there??????? need some help.

Thanks,.

Pete

Do you have memory seats? If so, you are experiencing problems with the memory seat module located under the driver's seat. It controls the heat for both seats. Been there, done that. When it happened to me I just unplugged the module for about 5 minutes and is it good to go again. One day I will just replace the module. But they are close to $300. They are plug and play but they are pain to get out.

I've been through 10 intermittent problems with the dealer. just keep on taking it back, and keep on taking it back. be persistant and annoying at it. they'll keep throwing parts at it until they get it right.

and if that doesn't work, then step up to the "service manager", and then the "zone rep", eventually they will get it right. and keep all your receipts so you can deal with the zone rep on an "upper level".

they kept my truck for a week at a time, which didn't really bother me because I have a few classics that I need to excerise every so often.

• 2 weeks later...

Does that memory controller also control the rear view mirrors and radio settings? I now seem to have lost that feature. I get in, the driver mirror does not adjust properly, and the Nav radio cannot remember which view settings I had programmed into it.

Thanks,.

Pete

Do you have memory seats? If so, you are experiencing problems with the memory seat module located under the driver's seat. It controls the heat for both seats. Been there, done that. When it happened to me I just unplugged the module for about 5 minutes and is it good to go again. One day I will just replace the module. But they are close to $300. They are plug and play but they are pain to get out.

Thanks,

Pete :D

I am staring at 2 of those seat modules right now. I am an electrical engineer for these seats (and the MY07 GM truck). Sounds like either the seat module or the door module is not waking up. The ignition cycle you perform after you notice the in-op problem "resets" the module and wakes it up.

Check this for me and advise - when you notice the seat switches not active, try and use your memory seat buttons. If they work, then try and move the seat with the seat switch. Check this and get back with me. If no seat or memory functions work at all, your seat module may need replacement. If your seat works fine and the heat switch is non-functional, then the door module may be bad.

My truck is in the shop right now for faulty heated seats (among other things, four things went bad this last week... :D ). My problem was the driver seat worked fine, but the passenger seat would turn off after 10-15 seconds (and then neither seat would work). Dealership just called and said that there is a bulletin for this...if one of the temp sensors on the passenger side fails, then it will stop both seats from working. Maybe one of your sensors isn't working 100%.

On a side note, just so I can vent....WHY THE HE!! DOES THE SENSOR ON ONE SEAT AFFECT THE OTHER SEAT??? NICE DESIGN GM!!!

Okay, I'm better now... :loser:

Sorry. I work for the seat supplier. The seat module requirements and specifications are given to us by the OEM (GM). We only do what were are told, and for the record I agree with you. Feel free to vent...I'll help when I can!

Is any of this related to the mirrors not remembering their positions upon startup, or the Nav system not remembering the map display function? Is there a memory controller responsible for all of this?

Sorry.  I work for the seat supplier.  The seat module requirements and specifications are given to us by the OEM (GM).  We only do what were are told, and for the record I agree with you.  Feel free to vent...I'll help when I can!

Is any of this related to the mirrors not remembering their positions upon startup, or the Nav system not remembering the map display function?  Is there a memory controller responsible for all of this?

Sorry.  I work for the seat supplier.  The seat module requirements and specifications are given to us by the OEM (GM).  We only do what were are told, and for the record I agree with you.  Feel free to vent...I'll help when I can!

The memory seat module controls the mirrors, not the navigation. Navigation is related to the audio/onstar module.

So most likely I'll need to replace my memory seat module, then have the dealer check the audio/onstar module. Do you know where the audio module is located on a Denali? Thanks for the good info.

Is any of this related to the mirrors not remembering their positions upon startup, or the Nav system not remembering the map display function?  Is there a memory controller responsible for all of this?

The memory seat module controls the mirrors, not the navigation. Navigation is related to the audio/onstar module.

Archived