Photo
- - - - -

What is the best camper shell for a Chevy Truck??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 freebirdz

freebirdz

Enthusiast

• 20 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 05:17 PM

What is the best all around camper shell for a Chevy truck (Silverado 1500)? Please give me your recommendations and where you purchase it at (if you got it online). Thanks ahead of time!

#2 J's 92

J's 92

Enthusiast

• 111 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:57 PM

the one on mine is a LEER.. id have to say that thing hold up very well... altho i dunno were you can find one.. hope this helps..
-Joe

#3 USA1Fan

USA1Fan

Enthusiast

• 477 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:43 PM

the one on mine is a LEER.. id have to say that thing hold up very well... altho i dunno were you can find one.. hope this helps..
-Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm debating whether to go with a folding hard tonneau cover (something like th Fold-A-Covr or the factory GM folder) or to get a nice truck cap. There's pros and cons for both, so I'm still on the fence. If I do get one it'll most likely be a leer (after looking around the web to see what brands and styles are available).
Leer website

Not only can you see all of their current offerings, you can compare the features of each. And if you need to find the closest dealer(s), you can go to the "Dealers Near You" menu item under the "Buying LEER" menu.

#4 dawg

dawg

Enthusiast

• 8 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:39 AM

What is the best all around camper shell for a Chevy truck (Silverado 1500)?  Please give me your recommendations and where you purchase it at (if you got it online).  Thanks ahead of time!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I purchased a SNUGTOP topper for my 1500HD after looking at alot of shells. IMO it is better looking and better quality than LEER.

Check out SNUGTOP website for models and dist. in your area. I bought mine from dist in St. Louis and had it shipped to ATL via yellow truck

#5 SxViper

SxViper

Enthusiast

• 272 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 11:05 PM

Don't buy the LEER... I had one of the top of the line with recess glass and everything. It went back and forth to the factory about 5 to 10 times before they bought it back from me. They simply couldn't get it to stop leaking around all the bolts that hold the windows in. They are Junk! I have a ARE on the S10 now and have not had one drop of water in the bed.

The Fold-A-Cover is on the 2500hd and that works very good to. Only draw back is in the extreme cold -40 it is a little tough to fold sometimes. Ice build up and snow on the joints make it hard to fold. Just clear them off and your fine. Never had any water in the bed either.

#6 KENWORTH-1

KENWORTH-1

Enthusiast

• 55 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:28 PM

I have the top of the line ARE Cap on a 2500 HD Silverado. I just replaced the LED Brake light for the third time, which keeps blowing out. The Dealer said, its not coming from ARE, but, from the manufacture, of this crap brake light. I personally never heard of ordering a Truck Cap on-line, as there could be issues with the Cap, and it would cost plenty to keep sending back and forth. The Dealer had to send back my Cap three times, because, of paint problems. They finally changed there Brake lights at ARE, hopefully, the new design one will last alittle longer. But, overall the Cap is a good fit for the Truck...no leaks, no paint coming off yet and it is three years old.

Edited by KENWORTH-1, 29 December 2004 - 09:35 PM.

#7 OLERED04

OLERED04

Enthusiast

• 131 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 04:49 PM

Anyone have pic's they could post of there trucks with caps? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

#8 Hutch

Hutch

Enthusiast

• 62 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:59 AM

I bought a Snugtop XtraVision for my '02 shortbed a couple of years ago. TOP NOTCH! However, I just bought a 5th wheel trailer so the top is up for sale in Central Texas if anyone is interested. It's indigo blue.

Hutch

#9 ken01976

ken01976

Enthusiast

• 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:22 PM

Ranch Sierra!!!! :cheers:

#10 Tucson_02Silverado

Tucson_02Silverado

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,475 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:31 PM