Turn signal thinks it's the 4 way flasher!

Could my problem be simple?

My 03 silverado left turn signal activates all 4 signals just like the flasher button. Here's the deal. It does this intermittantly and is getting worse. After I use the right turn signal, then I do a left signal I will get all 4 corners flashing. If I turn off the left signal and then turn on the left signal again it will work fine. It's just after a right signal that the left becomes all 4. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
Could my problem be simple?

My 03 silverado left turn signal activates all 4 signals just like the flasher button. Here's the deal. It does this intermittantly and is getting worse. After I use the right turn signal, then I do a left signal I will get all 4 corners flashing. If I turn off the left signal and then turn on the left signal again it will work fine. It's just after a right signal that the left becomes all 4. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Has anyone ever figured out the exact problem with the left turn signal periodically activating the 4 way flashers? My '03 Yukon XL does the same thing. I've found several other web site discussion groups noting the identical problem, but nowhere do I see that anyone has figured it out.

Archived