Photo
- - - - -

Disabling door chime on 03 Silverado???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grizman

Grizman

Enthusiast

• 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:18 PM

Finally had enuf of that door chime!!!!

Any suggestions on ending it....

#2 BBSilverado

BBSilverado

Enthusiast

• 927 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:03 PM

Finally had enuf of that door chime!!!!

Any suggestions on ending it....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this works on the 03-05 models:

Cut or remove the light green wire at the BCM on the C4 connector, it is in the A1 position on that connector. The BCM is under the steering column behind the lower dash panel. Doing this will only stop the door chimes, all other chimes will still work. The C4 connector is the light blue one and it is a 24 pin connector.
2004 Silverado LT 2500HD Reg. Cab 8.1/Allison 285 Firestone Destination's, leather Interior & full console, Nav HU w/ indash 6 disc changer K&N FIPK Warn 9000# winch, more to come
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition 5.2L 255/65R16 Goodyears

#3 deaf electrician

deaf electrician

Enthusiast

• 39 posts
  • Drives:2003 chevy silveradado crew cab 1500hd 4x4

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:10 PM

On my 2001 silverado I found the circuit board under the dash the chime was attached to and ripped it off with a pair of pliers. Crude but effective, I hated that @#$!@ chime.

#4 quickmedic1

quickmedic1

Enthusiast

• 19 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:37 AM

With your radio on and the key in accessory position....push and hold a preset on the radio till a beep is heard . This will disable the chime at this time. You may have to repeat this proceedure a few times but it will eventually work. It works on mine on the 1st time sometimes and sometimes on the 5th try. If you turn off the key it will return to stock.

Notice on cutting the wire....By doing this it will disable the chime but it will also disable the anti lockout feature. So if your keys are in the ignition and you hit the lock button by mistake and close the door, you will get locked out. Just so you know.