Will 315/70 fit?

Ok, I know this may sound stupid but is there ANYway I can fit 315/70 R17 on my 04 Silverado? Im looking into a PA 3" Body Lift with BFG A/To tires... Also I dont really want to mess up the ride so Im tryin to stay away from crankin up the torsion bars. Thanks.

Ok, I know this may sound stupid but is there ANYway I can fit 315/70 R17 on my 04 Silverado?  Im looking into a PA 3" Body Lift with BFG A/To tires... Also I dont really want to mess up the ride so Im tryin to stay away from crankin up the torsion bars.  Thanks.

by the way its Z 71 and Im not l ookin to do any serious off roading, wantin it more for the look. Thanks

with a 3" body lift those tires would be right at the extreme I think. With a crank of the torsion bars you can get 285s, and the 315X70 would be about the same as a 305X75 (roughly 2 sizes bigger). You might have to do some torsion bar cranking along with the body lift, but it should be close. My opionion, for what is worth :chevy:

I wasn't suggesting getting a 305, just trying to help with the sizing. Most people get ???X 75 tires. Since you are looking at ??? X 70 tires, it is basically the same height as a lower size 75. As if that wasn't confusing huh :chevy:

That is a 315X70 is equivalent in height to a 305X75. Since most people are familiar with how the 285X75 fit, you would only be going up 2 sizes. I think with the 3" lift and a little trimming you might be able to get it. You might have to crank a little on the torsion bars. I have 325X70s on my truck and they hit the frame a little when I have the wheel cranked while backing up. Keep in mind though that I have a suspension lift that pushes the front wheels out a little too. So, you might hit the frame worse than me since your wheels will be in the stock position.

hope that makes some sense. :jester:

Archived