New Feature

Josh

I was fooling around and trying to put an image into my signature but I couldn't and that ticked me off.  So I opened up the Ikonboard software and decided to "edit" it a little so it would allow me to do it.  It was really, really easy so you guys will be probably be seeing some more hacks in the future.  I want to see some pictures in those signatures so my work wasn't a waste!  just use the ikoncode to do it, if you don't know how use the ikoncode legend which is found in the help section.

I don't think there is anyway to make it little in the forum. The only way I can think of is to resize it in the file on ur computer and upload it to the internet again. Tell me if this makes no sense. first post for me :biggrin:

I added another feature into Ikonboard.  You have probably already noticed it and It is a really useful feature.  Next to the person's aol, aim, and email stuff there is a button that tells you whether they are online or offline.  I know this was asked for back in the EZboard days so here you go.

The previous graphics looked really cheap so I changed them to thesemem_on.gif=Online, and mem_off.gif=Offline  Then, i realised that people have no clue what the heck those things meen so i had to make it so when you move your mouse over it it tells you what it meens.  hope these pics are easier on your eyes, and if you get confused remember the one that is all lit up meens "online"  I think thats easy enough, lol

SiiLT is it possible to put the word online and offline next to the Icon the same way it is done with E-mail, Profile and so on. Also your graphic never shows up in your Sig. on my machine at work or at home. I guess I shouldn't complain. I can't get to work for myself.

Bruce

(Edited by 2k1 2500hd at 3:28 pm on Jan. 22, 2001)

(Edited by 2k1 2500hd at 3:29 pm on Jan. 22, 2001)

Yeah, i can do that.  Now that you say that.. i agree, its a good idea.  As for my picture in my sig, i have no clue why it doesn't show up on your computer.  Did you try right cliking it and selecting "show picture".  If that doesn't work try clicking this and see if it shows my picture that way.  Also, can you see anyone else's picture in their sig??  Thanx for calling this to my attention

SiiLT,

I can now see your picture. I would almost guess you changed something. I could see everone's before, but not yours. It is all well now. I just have to get mine working now. The board is startiing to take shape more and more, you and Zane  are doing a GREAT!!!!! job of moving it along.

Bruce

You guessed correctly.  After I replied to your post I kept wondering why it was doing that.  What I did is change my picture from a bitmap to a jpeg.  I am glad you gave me some motivation to do this because the file is much smaller and loads quicker. I don't know why you couldn't see a bitmap, but oh well.  If you need help puting an image in your sig just ask or PM me.  i will be glad to help.

Archived