Martin's future plan's finally materialize

FROM JASKI.com:

Martin still to run Truck Series in 2006: Mark Martin's future is finally coming into focus and that includes another stint behind the wheel of the #6 Roush Racing Ford. Martin started the 2005 season thinking this would be his last year as a full-time Nextel Cup driver. Those plans changed in midstream when car owner Jack Roush signed Jamie McMurray to fill Martin's position. There was only one hitch. McMurray won't drive the #6 until 2007. Chip Ganassi keeps saying he will hold McMurray to his driving contract, which expires at the end of the 2006 season. Since the beginning of summer, Roush has been chasing Martin to stay put for one more campaign. Martin said he will continue with his grand scheme to form a full-time NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series team under the Roush Racing umbrella. He plans to make his debut run in the truck at Homestead-Miami Speedway in November. "The first truck is finished," he reported last week. "I sat in it on Monday." Martin, who has secured the #6 for truck competition next season [Kevin Harvick Inc rus Hornaday in the #6 this year], said he will make at least seven truck starts in addition to his hustling, bustling Nextel Cup schedule in 2006. Another driver, or drivers, will occupy the seat of the #6 Ford to fill out the remainder of the schedule. If Martin's long-range plans work this time, he will be a full-time NCTS driver beginning in 2007.

I believe that since harvick has lost the gm goodwrench sponser in the trucks and the #6 And the other rumors goin round I think ganassi would be a good fit for him. Of course i could be wrong. I am a huge RCR fan so Harvick has been pissin me off lately. Silly season for a reason

I don't like Rousch either. But I do like Mark. But I wish he wasn't returning, because I just hate it when people make a big deal about retiring, and then don't. I know this is completely different circumstances, but I still wish he would just retire like he said he was going to, I think that looks alot classier.

The reason I'm glad Mark is coming back next year, is because I think he deserves his own retirement tour, where he's not overshadowed by "Rusty's last call".

Don't get me wrong, Wallace is definately due the respect he is getting, but I think Martin deserves the same. I'm getting kind of tired of hearing about how just about every town the Nascar guys stop at tries to proclaim a "Rusty Wallace day".

I can understand that.

I was actually hoping to see them do some stuff for both of them throughout the season. At the beginning they talked about both more. I just wonder if they stopped making such a big deal about Mark because everyone assumed he was coming back after the McMurray thing, or did he just just get left out. I hope it was because of the first, because he has been too great of a driver to just get left out.

Archived