I had a klr 650, really liked it. I will give you my opinion of the bike as honest as I can for ya. I bought mine with intentions of using on and off road , my mistake was putting street legal tires on it, which means there crap in the dirt. if you buy one get some knobbies. As for the engine never let me down, mine had 30,000 km and worked great, not a rever of an engine, thats why they call them thumpers, just one piston and lots of grunt. I will add some links here as well to some sites. A lot of people are really into modifying them for a lot of things, I liked mine and my only gripe was it was heavy and not a very big tank for a bike that liked fuel, still great on gas, but not the best of the bikes I have had ( Like you'll care, 40-60 mpg makes 10 bucks in gas seem like a joke, compared to the truck)

Well, I've ridden the Suzuki DR-Z400S a couple of times. It was a great bike. TONS of torque. Pretty light and nimble for a 400cc thumper too. The 650s are too cumbersome for my personal taste. But then...I don't have one either. :crackup: I do know that the DR-Z400S is based on the RM400, so it's a lot more like a dirt bike than most of the dual-sports...Same motor as my quad too. Great engine.

You could always get the DR-Z400SM, the "Supermotard" version. Those things rock.

They even had supermotard races at the last X-Games. That stuff looked like a ton of fun.

post-5031-1128401576_thumb.jpg

Archived