I just got back from a weekend at LMS and WOW it was nothing more than The Winston with 20 lap race segments. It was a crummy race....and to top it off Johnson won again :chevy:

Something needs to be done, either a new surface or a different tire compound.

And something needs to be done about the Busch series, Im getin sick of the Cup guys dominating these Busch races. I feel bad for guys like Menard who ran up front all night at LMS but could never get past the Cup guys. Plus I hear the Cup guys are gonna be showing up in BGN more often next year because of the new Cup testing rules.

Boy I get tired of everyone bashing Nascar, Goodyear and Humpy. Yep he ground the track and yep its scary fast. Yep the tires failed and yep the race sucked. But why is noone talking about the fact that the camber the teams are putting into the cars is rediculous, not to mention the air pressure. I'm no crew chief but if someone was to run a litlle less camber and a little more air and run maybe a half second slower and stay out for 2 stints to everyone elses one , wouldn't that pay off in the long run? I think the teams need to step up and take some of the responcibility for these bogus races. JMHO

And I agree the Cup guys need to stay out of the BGN races, or maybe get 1/2 the purse or something.

I have to put in my two cents worth on this subject as well. Yes, I agree the track was a mess and everyone saw it coming.

My big complaint is about the clean up after the wrecks. Look at how many leaders and others were taken out by flat tires. Notice I said flat tires not blown tires. In the lead at the time Tony Stewart, Elliot Sadler, Kasy Kahn all had tires go flat from debry on the track. Then Michael Waltrips wreck from a cut tire that ultimately took out Jamie McMurray and Dale Jarrett as well.

There was enough trouble with the blown tires from the teams running those extreme setups. Now the drivers I mentioned above had excellent nights going and it was ruined by clean up crews not doing their job correctly.

Sorry but Jimmy Johnson would have never won that race if any of the above mentioned drivers hadn't cut their tires down.

You all have a good day.

Bill

I just got back from Charlotte and I'm beside myself,I don't know what to say other than I hope they fix it before I head back in May next year.

All I kept wondering during the race was "who's next?" as far as who's tire was going to blow next.

I even thought about leaving about 150 laps into the race and thought "Wait its got to get better".....NOT!!!

I don't blame NASCAR,Goodyear (The ONLY tires I buy) or Humpy,They all tried to make the race better and failed,Hopefully it will be fixed for next year.

I have to put in my two cents worth on this subject as well.  Yes, I agree the track was a mess and everyone saw it coming.

Sorry but Jimmy Johnson would have never won that race if any of the above mentioned drivers hadn't cut their tires down.

You all have a good day.

Bill

I agree that grinding the track down was a big mistake and hopefully it will be fixed before next year.

I think NASCAR needs to work with Goodyear alot better and get them guys some better tires.

I think Jimmy Johnson deserved to win that race and even if all 43 cars finished on the lead lap he still would have won. He started 41st and after 20 laps of the start he was up to 19th.

I hope Johnson wins the cup!

The problem over the weekend was NASCAR knew of the tire problem ever since the testing and they should have put restrictor plates on the cars to keep the speeds down. The tires weren't the problem and the track wasn' the problem and the dirvers wern't the problem. All 3 combined caused the wrecks; the drivers will not slow down, the track had to much grip causing to much speed, which caused to much heat which blistered the tires. Restrictor plates would have reduced the speeds back to normal Charlotte speeds and a normal race.

Johnson didn't diserve to win the race Jeff Gordon did. He's the one that scuffed tires for Johnson all night so he wouldn't have a problem. I always thought Johnson was the biggest tool at Hendrick but I now see it's Gordon. "Ah Jeff we're going to need you to drop back and help jimmy draft since his missing hald of his car....Ah Jeff since yoru nights ruined and your only fighting for 11th in points we're going to need you to scuff tires for Jimmy all night so he can win the Championship." By the way if Johnson was running th emandated tire pressures set forth by God I mean NASCAR how was he bottoming out so much near the end of the race, when nearly no one else was? With the Roush goons giving each other 5 points and Jeff winning races for Jimmy the team aspect has gotten out of control.

Archived