Access Toolbox Edition tonneau

firstruck

Finally decided the Access toolbox tonneau cover was the right choice for how I use my truck. Shopped online a bit then called my local distributor and he beat thier online prices by 50 or 60 bucks.

Before I go down the bad things, let me say that for the cost and all it looks great and so far works fine(sort of).

The front crossmember was a little to long across the bed to fit inside the bed rails, so a little 2x4 and wedge action got the bed wide enough to accept it. Then the clamps supplied don't grab very well on the crossmember(they did however grab very nicely on the side rails).

I'm not sure I completely understood the limited instructions on placing of the toolbox in the bed to make the install a "perfect fit". I have a 20" box and I think the cover would be best suited for a 21" box as I have a small gap between the front crossmember and the front of the side rails which tends to let water in. My box was already mounted and I didn't feel like moving it, but I would think that jockey-ing the box rearward a bit and spending a little more time on the final fit would yeild a really nice result, probably a 9.0 or 9.5. Would I buy it again? Yes, as its' nothing but rain here for a month and at least the only water in the bed is a relatively small amout on bed floor. :D

• 5 years later...
Finally decided the Access toolbox tonneau cover was the right choice for how I use my truck. Shopped online a bit then called my local distributor and he beat thier online prices by 50 or 60 bucks.

Before I go down the bad things, let me say that for the cost and all it looks great and so far works fine(sort of).

The front crossmember was a little to long across the bed to fit inside the bed rails, so a little 2x4 and wedge action got the bed wide enough to accept it. Then the clamps supplied don't grab very well on the crossmember(they did however grab very nicely on the side rails).

I'm not sure I completely understood the limited instructions on placing of the toolbox in the bed to make the install a "perfect fit". I have a 20" box and I think the cover would be best suited for a 21" box as I have a small gap between the front crossmember and the front of the side rails which tends to let water in. My box was already mounted and I didn't feel like moving it, but I would think that jockey-ing the box rearward a bit and spending a little more time on the final fit would yeild a really nice result, probably a 9.0 or 9.5. Would I buy it again? Yes, as its' nothing but rain here for a month and at least the only water in the bed is a relatively small amout on bed floor. :cheers:

any pics? seems like you have had this possibly for some time? did this hold up

Archived