Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

az'03Silverado

windshield washer reservior

Anyone removed their w/w reservior? Is it hard? Mine's leaking from around the fluid level sensor. It drains in about a day and a half. I keep it full of water so that the DIC doesn't tell me to check the washer fluid every 30 seconds but I have to refill it plenty frequently. I'm thinking of pulling the tank out and cleaning it to see if it's something I can fix cheaply.

Pull down the plastic inner fender on that side. There are some bolts that hold it in. Take those out and it comes out the bottom. You may have to remove your wheel to have room to remove it.

Mine leaks, too. This seems to be a common problem, so where is the most common source of the leak? Around the sensor hole? I already have a replacement bottle and sensor, so it is good to know that it is removed from the bottom.

I'm pretty sure mine's leaking around the sensor hole because as soon as the leak stops the message center starts telling me to check the washer fluid. But, the tank still has a little fluid in the bottom.

My truck is still under warranty but if I take it in, even though it's a simple repair, they seem to need to keep my truck all day long and I can't do that. So, I figured I'd just pull the tank and try to patch the leak somehow. I'm glad I have the warranty for if something big breaks but for the little things (like my jacked-up horn) I would rather just fix myself.

Finally got around to changing out the tank. $30.00 for the tank and about 30 minutes to fix. Not a problem. Turns out the tank was cracked so I used the old pump and old sensor. The new tank came with new seals for those. I had to take the battery and battery tray out to get to the bolts but it was really no big deal. Nice relaxing afternoon activity. Best part is, no more leaks.

I think sometimes they can get cracked on the very bottom - are they exposed on the bottom? I saw a guy run over a piece of re-bar that was sticking up and it cracked his tank...

glad to hear you were able to fix it though!

Mine turned out to be the pump leaking, there was a crack in the side of it. Remove battery and tray, pull back inner fender liner and the reservoir drops out the bottom. This is 2002 Suburban, I'm sure Tahoe, Yukon, Sierra all the same

ADSENSE FOOTER
  • Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.