windshield washer reservior

Anyone removed their w/w reservior? Is it hard? Mine's leaking from around the fluid level sensor. It drains in about a day and a half. I keep it full of water so that the DIC doesn't tell me to check the washer fluid every 30 seconds but I have to refill it plenty frequently. I'm thinking of pulling the tank out and cleaning it to see if it's something I can fix cheaply.

I'm pretty sure mine's leaking around the sensor hole because as soon as the leak stops the message center starts telling me to check the washer fluid. But, the tank still has a little fluid in the bottom.

My truck is still under warranty but if I take it in, even though it's a simple repair, they seem to need to keep my truck all day long and I can't do that. So, I figured I'd just pull the tank and try to patch the leak somehow. I'm glad I have the warranty for if something big breaks but for the little things (like my jacked-up horn) I would rather just fix myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to changing out the tank. $30.00 for the tank and about 30 minutes to fix. Not a problem. Turns out the tank was cracked so I used the old pump and old sensor. The new tank came with new seals for those. I had to take the battery and battery tray out to get to the bolts but it was really no big deal. Nice relaxing afternoon activity. Best part is, no more leaks.

• 5 years later...

Archived