Photo
- - - - -

Radio Buttons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 rbumpus

rbumpus

Enthusiast

• 44 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:37 AM

Has anyone run into the problem with the 6 Disk Changer's radio buttons coloring chipping off? Anyone know where I can replacement buttons?

#2 Envoy Fan

Envoy Fan

Enthusiast

• 262 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:34 PM

Warranty should cover.
Posted Image

2005 GMC Envoy Denali
2001 Chevrolet Tahoe LT

#3 holstbnet

holstbnet

Enthusiast

• 62 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:57 PM

It's a common problem on the 2000+ Delphis... but it usually means that you are being a little rough on the buttons. (I've never had a problem but friends of mine have) I don't know what people do with their radios. Find a channel and leave it! ;-)

Anyways, will DEFINITELY be under factory warranty and if yours is up, then you can order replacement buttons or have your units buttons fixed by Specmo Enterprises ( http://www.specmo.com/ )
Dave Holst
03 Chevy S-10 LS 4.3 auto
96 Chevy Beretta Z26
96 Chevy Beretta 1SB
Check out my website http://www.onstarforum.com !!!

#4 burgundyz71

burgundyz71

Enthusiast

• 808 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:40 AM

The #1 button on our Equinox is chipping off.

#5 plainvanilla

plainvanilla

Enthusiast

• 508 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:39 PM

You know I have noticed about 4 or 5 Silerados from 03-05 with the black rubbing off of the power button and station preset buttons..

That is not abuse...not that many people are misusing the radio buttons.
My father in law's 05 already is showing signs of fading buttons..

They should address that.
Posted Image

2007 Silverado Classic, Vent Shades, Undercover Bed cover, Husky Liners. Rhino Liner, Manik Taillight Guards, K&N Filters
2004 Suburban 2500 4X4

Yes I have a truck.. and NO I won't help you move!

#6 carbuster

carbuster

Enthusiast

• 127 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 07:23 PM

I had the same problem with the Delphi in my Colorado aswell as many other Colorado owners. I know a few of them had theirs replaced under warranty for the issue, but I just used a black Sharpie to cover up the blemishes before I replaced it with and aftermarket stereo.

#7 Ranger

Ranger

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,482 posts
  • Drives:2010 Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:21 PM

I don't really have any probs with my radio but I don't change the stations too much. I leave it on chan 82, XM mode all the time. I very rarely go to FM or play a CD (and generally when the XM is cutting out under a bridge or tunnel). So my buttons look practically brand new.

My Grandmother's buttons don't look as new but they don't look faded either (2005 Trailblazer LS).

#8 holstbnet

holstbnet

Enthusiast

• 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:08 AM

This should be moved to the radio/sound forum.
Dave Holst
96 Chevy Beretta Z26
96 Chevy Beretta 1SB

#9 BigRed8100

BigRed8100

Enthusiast

• 26 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:46 AM

From what I understand and from personal experience with my wife's radio buttons, hand lotion can be a factor in this problem.
'01 GMC Sierra HD2500 SLT Crew Cab 4x4, 8.1/Allison, Leer 100XLT Topper, Westin Platinum Bars, Line-X Bed Liner, Catch-All Floor Mats, Driver's Design Bug Deflector, KaydenCo. MudFlaps. '06 HUMMER H3 - wife's truck.

#10 03TRAILEXT

03TRAILEXT

Enthusiast

• 241 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:43 PM

It is very common, I had the whole radio replaced under warranty. Try the dealer.
2011 Black Traverse LTZ AWD

#11 holstbnet

holstbnet

Enthusiast

• 62 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:23 AM

Two points on this button issue:
1) I'm not going to deny that there is a quality problem. This new style radio has been out since 2000 and the buttons DO wear prematurely. The older "Delco Electronics" radios didn't really have this problem as much as these new Delphi radios. (same company, different name) I don't know why there isn't a TSB about it or why Delphi hasn't addressed the issue. Although, they've got bigger fish to fry now. ;-)

2) I DO think that the button wear is caused by something though, whether it's lotion (like mentioned above) or sweat, oils, whatever. Because I know some people like my sisters 2000 Monte Carlo whos original radio's buttons look just fine, and then a neighbor's 2002 Trailblazer has the buttons worn white. I don't get it.

I have a Delphi navigation radio in my 03 S-10 (non touch screen) and those buttons are known to wear badly as well - mine were FINE until I had the radio out to install XM and a couple of buttons got scratched in the process of taking off the dash bezel. Argh! I ordered replacement buttons and have them now but too lazy to pull the radio, take it apart and replace at the moment. :-)
Dave Holst
96 Chevy Beretta Z26
96 Chevy Beretta 1SB