Better Gas Mileage for a 99 Jimmy SLT

Anyone try the FIPK, headers,velocity tuner, or module/chip?

I get 20-22 MPG on the highway with the 3.73 rearend. I've seen

26 MPG in the mountains @ 8K' in Yellowstone, running 85.5 octane.

This is with a bone stock 99 Jimmy SLT with just a K&N airfilter.

Any suggestions?

I have an FIPK on my 03 S-10 LS 2wd pickup with 4.3 auto and 3.42 gears. I get 20mpgs around town and 24-26 on the highway. You aren't going to see much more than what you already get right now. I'm told electric fans help BIG time and underdrive pulleys work as well. I have Hypertech programming but that didn't do anything performance OR mpgs.

I have an FIPK on my 03 S-10 LS 2wd pickup with 4.3 auto and 3.42 gears. I get 20mpgs around town and 24-26 on the highway. You aren't going to see much more than what you already get right now. I'm told electric fans help BIG time and underdrive pulleys work as well. I have Hypertech programming but that didn't do anything performance OR mpgs.

Thanks for the tips, I'd like to find out more about the underdrive pullys and especially the electric fan. Do you have any info. on either? TIA

If it is anything like my wifes 04 Blazer good luck getting any better mileage. The 4.3 sucks the gas and in combo w/ the 4x4 and small tank gas mileage is terrible. Not to start another topic but personally I would never purchase another S-10 Blazer again.

Archived