Rooting for "SMOKE". I'd love to see him win the race, bungee a Home Depot ladder to the roof, go to the starters stand, and use the ladder to climb the fence! Come down, get that Champ flag and show the fans why he's called "SMOKE" and cook his Goodyears right off the rims!!!

post-17634-1132230981.gif

post-17634-1132230917.jpg

Interesting tidbit, Kenny Wallace will again pilot the 97 this weekend.

I'd be willing to bet a good solid top-5 from him now that he has quality equipment AND more than 2 hours notice that he'll be driving that car. It'll REALLY be something if he pulls off a win. But that's extremely wishful thinking.

It's going to be Smoke again!!!! This guy has turned his team into the strongest in the garage.

And I would like to see Herman win one in the cup, but it would be really cool if Rusty could go out with a win. Up until a few years ago, I could not stand two people in NASCAR, Rusty and Jimmy Spencer. I used to be Rusty fan in the late 80's when he was driving the MGD Pontiac. When he went to Ford, I quit. Well, things changed, and Rusty is really a true sportsman and a racers racer. Spencer is great to listen to on Speed, he is a good analysist. Some of these new guys dont have the character that the veterans do.

GO SMOKE!!!!!!

BJ

What a weekend! :D Tony Stewart is now a real champion! And the race was intense for most of the day. This chase has had some good moments. Now we can catch up on football and watch college b-ball until Feb!!!

Now, did anyone else notice, but Rusty ended 8th in points, while never winning a race in the entire year. And Tony did not win a race in the Chase. Therefore the Nextel Cup could be won without ever wining a race! That's cool!

:cheers:

BJ

Therefore the Nextel Cup could be won without ever wining a race! That's cool!

Which means that consistency is still rewarded (just like the old system; and the naysayers said it wasn't), and it is still more exciting than it used to be. As long as they don't start changing it drastically now I like it.

Did anyone else notice that Kyle Busch and Brain Vickers were suddenly out of the race not long after Jimmy Johnson wrecked out? They both had been back on the track making laps. Kind of strange that they could have made more laps and cost Jimmy more position and another spot in the championship. As it turned out Mark Martin ran well enough to do it with where Jimmy finished.

Overall an excellent race on everyone's part.

Have a great day.

Bill

Archived