What Color is My Interior?

Ok,

Not to sound like too stupid of newb, but here goes. How do I determine what color my interior is? I see that there were only three interior colors offered in the Silverado for my year and I know what they look like. But, I need to know what GM refered to them as.

The reason being is that I am going to order the custom leather column shifter and dash handle that JP customs makes. But, when you order them the colors are listed by GM's description. It gets confusing because they offer the colors for all of GM and since from brand to brand they are different it increases my confusion. Obviously this would be a very expensive mistake to make.

So, I have a 2001 Silverado with leather interior. Mine's the darkest of the two grays. From what I gather there is the tan (neutral), the lighter gray (medium gray) and the dark gray I have (graphite).

Am I correct in thinking that the factory name for my leather is graphite? I appreciate any help that anyone can provide. I can post a pic of my interior if further clarification of the color is needed.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Look on the window sticker if it is still in the truck or take you vin to a chevy parts dept and they will tell you the color name.

:confused:

same question for an '01 silverado...my center seat console is broken (evidently a common problem from my researching) and the only way to fix it is to buy the whoel seat (which i think is retarded)...my interior is grey, which i think would be the med gray, but where is this color code on the door or glove box to be sure the colors match when i order my new seat?

Why dont you just look up your RPO code that is on the sticker in your glove box? Write down the codes and then go here and then you will know exactly what you have. http://www.gm-trucks.com/rpo/ :D

:confused:

ok did that...maybe you can tell me which one on that list in the glove box is the code for the color of my interior? what about the window sticker method? where is this sticker?

The window sticker he is talking about is the one that is there on the truck when it is new at the dealership, telling you the price and all of the options on the truck. Since your truck is older you probably didn’t keep that sticker. I tried looking for your color codes for your truck there at that link I gave you, and your right the codes are not listed for the interior colors on your year of truck :confused: . If you write that list of the 30+ RPO codes in the glove box, the dealer can tell you over the phone usually. Just make sure you talk to the service department and not get one of the teenage girls that work there. They also might be able to tell you from just VIN number. If that doesn’t work take it to an automotive upholstery shop. They would defiantly know which one you have.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived