Factory Wheel Weight

I have an 04 Silverado LS ECSB 4x2, and was wondering how much does the alum wheels weigh with factoy tires 235/75/16 looking to get new wheels and tires not sure what to go with 16" 17" 18". thinking of getting 275/60's or 285's

I have heard that you loose some hp with bigger wheels (20") because of the weight and mass

I have an 04 Silverado LS ECSB 4x2,  and was wondering how much does the alum wheels weigh with factoy tires 235/75/16  looking to get new wheels and tires not sure what to go with 16" 17" 18".  thinking of getting 275/60's  or 285's

I have heard that you loose some hp with bigger wheels (20") because of the weight and mass

Don't much know about the wheel weights, but as far as losing hp:

The HP measured off of your engine isn't affected at all by heavier wheels. The trouble is that larger and/or heavier wheels have higher moment of inertia, which is the quantity used in place of mass when calculating acceleration of rotating masses. The higher moment of intertia equates to less angular acceleration of the wheels themselves. This does result in lower hp as measured at the rear wheels, because more power is required to accelerate the wheels themselves.

Also, going to larger overall diameter wheel/tire combos will be like going to shallower gears in your rear end, also hurting acceleration.

That said, there is one more argument:

But they look badass....

Archived