Enthusiast

• 252 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:46 PM

Product Name: High-4 headlight mod

Purchased at: www.example.com
Cost: $2 or less

Skill Level: Easy
Overall Rating: 10 10 10 hey its free

found this awhile back and it works so i thought id post the link here to spread the word

hope this is the right forum

http://www.performan...19&page=1&pp=10
2002 C3500 8.1L/Allison CC LT 4.10 locker
Wait 4 Me Performance 89-91 TUNE Best 150 bucks ive ever spent
285/75/16s on eagle alloy wheels
T.N.T Throttle body spacer. Custom made cold air intake
AirRide rear suspension lift/load helpers
Dual 40series Flowmasters W/ Xpipe
Code3 fully loaded Excalibur lightbar, 12 hidden whelen strobes W/ dual 150w power supplies

#2 Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado

Independent Amsoil Dealer

• 3,217 posts
  • Drives:2002 Silverado 91 Jetta TD

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:13 PM

Great site. Since mine is an 02 I can't use the diodes but there is another way to get the lights to work on that site.

I also read on there about adding electric fans and changing the instriment panel lights.

Thanks for the link hook up. :flag:

Edited by Black02Silverado, 03 December 2005 - 10:14 PM.

Black 02 Silverado Z71, 5.3L Amsoil Fluids Black Bear Tuned with AutoCal
Black 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Economizer 91 Jetta Turbo Diesel

AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants & Filtration Systems, Click Here
Wholesale pricing available!

Posted Image

#3 02LSZ

02LSZ

Enthusiast

• 31 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:32 AM

Man thanks for that link. Just last week I was heading home down some back roads and noticed how much brighter it was when I went to click the brights off and wondered if there was a way set them up like that. I just did mine last night and it was a cake walk. Its so much brighter now.

I wish someone knew how to keep the fogs on with the highs though, that would be killer. FWIW, I tried the simple trick of setting the fogs up like the low beams, but it didn't work. I didn't think it would, but for 2 minutes of work, it was worth a try. :gmc:

#4 3500in nc

3500in nc

Enthusiast

• 252 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:56 AM

Man thanks for that link.  Just last week I was heading home down some back roads and noticed how much brighter it was when I went to click the brights off and wondered if there was a way set them up like that.  I just did mine last night and it was a cake walk.  Its so much brighter now. 

I wish someone knew how to keep the fogs on with the highs though, that would be killer.  FWIW, I tried the simple trick of setting the fogs up like the low beams, but it didn't work.  I didn't think it would, but for 2 minutes of work, it was worth a try. :gmc:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you need to go out there and find out what wire is the switched on then just wire that into ur headlight or high beam lights

worked for me
2002 C3500 8.1L/Allison CC LT 4.10 locker
Wait 4 Me Performance 89-91 TUNE Best 150 bucks ive ever spent
285/75/16s on eagle alloy wheels
T.N.T Throttle body spacer. Custom made cold air intake
AirRide rear suspension lift/load helpers
Dual 40series Flowmasters W/ Xpipe
Code3 fully loaded Excalibur lightbar, 12 hidden whelen strobes W/ dual 150w power supplies

#5 02LSZ

02LSZ

Enthusiast

• 31 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:20 PM

Thanx. I will do that this evening.

#6 1911HD

1911HD

Enthusiast

• 30 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:55 PM

Wow, i did mine tonite for .79 cents. :gmc: I know at least for 04 and up 2500's it will work if your fuse box in the engine compartment is the same as the one pictured in the following link.

Scroll down midway until you get to GMC2500HD's picture of the fuse box, the red line between HDLP-HI and HDLP-LOW represents the diode manufacturer part number 1N4004 from Radio Shack for less than a buck. Make sure the white/silver band on the end of the diode is closest to the HDLP-HI relay. Pay attention that you connect the diode to the 85 post/terminal on both relays as shown.
http://www.dieselpla...?t=12804&page=4

#7 curly

curly

Enthusiast

• 419 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:55 PM

I did this a few months ago on the HD... it's an awesome (and cheap) mod. I even used my work discount to buy the diodes :thumbs: .

2013 Chevrolet CC 2500HD LTZ

1995 Trans Am WS6 "Clone"
Heads / Cam / Stalled

#8 XPBri

XPBri

Enthusiast

• 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:02 PM

I just did this on my 03 1500, I have the fog lights coming on as well. Awesome cheap modification.
Thanks,
Bri

#9 dminarik

dminarik

Enthusiast

• 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:11 PM

I just did this on my 03 1500, I have the fog lights coming on as well. Awesome cheap modification.
Thanks,
Bri

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by dminarik, 02 March 2006 - 02:03 PM.

#10 stang233

stang233

Enthusiast

• 43 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

I guess I am a bit confused. Where do you put the diode. Do you cut the wires and solder it in or do you just bend the prongs and stick them in the back of the clip. I want it to be secure and safe and not have to hassle with it. Let me know, Thanks Richard

PS is it the left plug if you were sitting inthe driver seat.

#11 callisto

callisto

Enthusiast

• 14 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:09 AM

Sorry for dragging this topic back up, but I wanted to verify some thoughts I have. Firstly, I have an '01 Tahoe. Here is what I have come up with:

1. Provide a permanent ground to the low beams. This lets the lows be on with the high beams.
2. Use a 12v relay (switched using the low beam voltage) to activate the fog lights. This lets the fog lights be on permanently with the lows. Nullifies the fog switch.
3. Use a 12v relay (switched using the high beam voltage) to activate the DRLs. This will turn the DRLs on when the highs are switched on.

For two and three I plan on bringing a separate, dedicated positive lead direct from the battery to the relay to be switched. Ensures complete voltage to the lights.

The end results are:
Low beams: lows and fogs are on.
High beams: highs, lows, fogs, and DRLs are all on.

Does this look like it'll work? If it does, that is a ton of light when you turn the highs on. :thumbs: That would be wicked, eight lights on at once. I would plan on replacing all bulbs with Sylvania products (Silverstar Ultras, etc). I currently have Silverstar (not Ultra) bulbs in my lows, and love them. Anyway, comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

#12 Guest_Riggs_*

Guest_Riggs_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

http://www.gm-trucks...showtopic=81569

#13 Quazi81

Quazi81

Enthusiast

• 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

Where a the relays that the diods go into located at? And what type of diods do i need from radio shack?

I have a 2004 gmc Sierra crew cab

Edited by Quazi81, 15 September 2010 - 02:29 PM.

#14 Javier02Tahoe

Javier02Tahoe

Enthusiast

• 1 posts
  • Name:Javier C
  • Drives:2002 Tahoe lt Autoride

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

HEY SORRY FOR JUMPING IN BUT CAN I DO THIS TO MY 2002 TAHOE I WANT THE 4 HIGH AND FOR MY FOG LIGHTS TO STAY ON HIGH TOO PLEASE I REALLY APPRECIATE IT GUYS!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users