So whats the biggest tires I can put

FSTDL

on my truck with only tighting the torsion bars.

I want to run 295 70 15.Is 285 70 17 all that will fit.When looking at the front clearance it looks like there is a lot of room.I have 265 70 17 now but want bigger.

Thanks for any help.

I also have a stock '01 HD and have 305s on the stock rims. I think the rims are only 6.5''wide. This causes these wider tires to wear a little more in the center but nothing to bad. Look up tire specs on each maufacturer's web site, and adjust for the size rim you have. I think anything bigger that about 33.25X12.0 is going to rub and wear badly. That size equates to about a 285X75 up to 305X70 depending on the manufacturer.

Too many variables to just give a tire size.

Like 1500's sit about 2-2.5 inches less than a 2500/3500 because the frame, suspension, etc are that much larger.

Then which wheel and it's specifications? Rim width and off set are the main issues.

Do you have a suspension or body lift?

Are you willing to cut sheetmetal?

I have 305/70-16's on my 02 silverado with the stock wheels....I raised the front via the torsion bars and they fit without a problem. NO rubbing at all! :D

i have 305-70-16 on a seira crew z71 with the bars cranked and a little trimming on the front and rear of the wheel wells. wheels are american eagle 589's with 4 1/2" of backspacing

Archived