Photo
- - - - -

Snow plows

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 sbatzold

sbatzold

Enthusiast

• 98 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:25 AM

Has anyone installed a snow plow on thier 1500? What kind? How's it handle the extra weight out front?
'05 Sliverado Crew Cab, Silver matalic.
4x4 with locker, box cap, bedliner and front push bar.

#2 CobraKiller

CobraKiller

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:59 AM

Has anyone installed a snow plow on thier 1500? What kind? How's it handle the extra weight out front?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was just looking myself and found an interesting site.

Check this one out.......... http://www.mysnowsport.com/

:D

#3 Worktruck

Worktruck

Enthusiast

• 488 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:23 PM

I have a Fisher 71/2 ft plow on my 1500. I put the F**D keys in to hold the front up a little better. Been almost 4 years and she still drives like a champ, with and without the plow.
Posted Image
2002 Sierra 1500 Ext 4wd
7 1/2' Fisher MM
Ford Keys
Hellwig helpers
XM Radio
Flowmaster Force II
170 amp alt
Dual batteries

#4 Raydon

Raydon

Enthusiast

• 32 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:18 PM

I've got an 8' Poly on mine with no problems to date. This is the third season with it. The only thing I did was add Timbrens to the front and turned up the T bars a little. The timbrens are a must IMO.

#5 tryn2lrn

tryn2lrn

Enthusiast

• 383 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

Yep got a Meyers ST-7.5 installed from the dealer. Turned the T-Bars a few turns and all is great. I DO NOT drive all around with the plow on though, I plow my driveway and immediately take it off since it goes on and off in < 5 minutes. If you take notice Meyers makes a special lightweight 7.5' plow for Dodge And Ford but GM allows the heavier plow to be installed on the 1500. I am not sure, does Dodge or Ford even have a plow prep package available for 1/2 tons? Most around here will swear you shouldn't plow with a 1500, that you will destroy your truck. :D If you use common sense and don't get nuts you should be fine. Good Luck.
Someone once told me how to fix stuff. All you need is duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't use the duct tape. If it should move and doesn't use the WD40.

#6 jctb

jctb

Enthusiast

• 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:40 AM

I have a Meyer Max ST-7.5 on my 1500. Cranked the T-bars up a little and put Timbrens on it. Plows and drives great!
JCTB

#7 rbumpus

rbumpus

Enthusiast

• 44 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:58 PM

I just ordered the "mysnowsport" plow I will post results during my next snowstorm

#8 Scgtpcpe

Scgtpcpe

Enthusiast

• 20 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:37 AM

Everyone says not to plow with a 1500. F that! I have been plowing with an 86 S10 with a 7 ft Fisher plow for 5 years without any problems. Last Saturday I bolted on a Meyer C8.5 plow(8 1/2 foot commercial) to my 04 Silverado 1500.
Meyer doesn't make a mount to fit my truck for a plow that big, so I fabricated one. I work at a machine shop so I modified the 2500 series mount to fit my 1500 series truck and installed the new set up last Saturday. I can't wait to plow with it!! BTW, to all the people who think I shouldn't plow with my truck, when you make the payment on it then you can tell me what to do with it! When I want your opinion, i'll give it to you!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! :sigh: :thumbs:
2004 Silverado 4X4 5.3 RCLB, K&N Intake, Speedliner, Remote Start, Nerf Bars, Tonneau, Ventvisors, Bug Shield and I'm not done yet....Actually, I am done. I just bought a ZX-12R Ninja. Hard to go much faster than that!!!

Advertise Here