Dmax block heater cord

Shaners

My cord is located behind the passenger side inner fender well. I cut the tie-wraps and tried to relocate it behind the front tow hook but, it was about a foot too short.

Where are you guys putting yours?

Right now, I have it stuck up around the second battery, but I'll have to open the hood to plug it in... :D

My buddy had the same problem on his '05 DMAX,We tried to tie-strap it onto the tow hook also but like yours it was too short (Story of my life :D )

Anyway he ended up tie-strapping it to the bumper brace,The end of it is just sticking out of the bottom of the wheel liner in the front.

Its not as easy to plug in as it would be if it was by the tow hook but he can get to it never-the-less.

Don't know why they shortened it :P

All my other buddies with older DMAX's have theirs tied-up out by the tow hook.

• 2 weeks later...
This may be a dumb question, but where is the block heater chord located?  My dad purchased a used Silverado HD with the Duramax and we can't seem to find the chord?

-Mike

Mine was bundled to the frame on the right side, roughly below and forward of the fuel filter.

This may be a dumb question, but where is the block heater chord located?  My dad purchased a used Silverado HD with the Duramax and we can't seem to find the chord?

-Mike

Mine was bundled to the frame on the right side, roughly below and forward of the fuel filter.

You can also follow the positive battery cable from the auxilary battery and you should find it.

My cord is located behind the passenger side inner fender well.  I cut the tie-wraps and tried to relocate it behind the front tow hook but, it was about a foot too short.

Where are you guys putting yours?

Right now, I have it stuck up around the second battery, but I'll have to open the hood to plug it in...    :thumbs:

I cut the the wire tie that held the bundle of extra cord, PLUS, I cut two other wire ties on the black plastic tube (slit down the side) that protects the aux battery cable and engine block heater wire. I pulled the engine block heater cord out of it and put wire ties back on black plastic tube covering battery cable. I ran the heater cord to the front tow hook and had about 18" to spare. Maybe I was lucky and got a longer cord???

I also pulled the cord out of the wire loom and then taped it back shut. I had plenty of room to get it to the front.

I cut the the wire tie that held the bundle of extra cord, PLUS, I cut two other wire ties on the black plastic tube (slit down the side) that protects the aux battery cable and engine block heater wire. I pulled the engine block heater cord out of it and put wire ties back on black plastic tube covering battery cable. I ran the heater cord to the front tow hook and had about 18" to spare. Maybe I was lucky and got a longer cord???

Archived