Bug Deflector wind noise

I just took off my EGR low profile Bug Deflector because of wind noise at the side windows and also causing the mirrors to vibrate. This is on a 2005 GMC sierra ext cab 1500.

Does any one know of a brand of Bug Deflector that will not cause this wind noise. :confused:

Thanks and have a great new year,

Don

I just took off my EGR low profile Bug Deflector because of wind noise at the side windows and also causing the mirrors to vibrate. This is on a 2005 GMC sierra ext cab 1500.

Does any one know of a brand of Bug Deflector that will not cause this wind noise. :confused:

Thanks and have a great new year,

Don

Had the same deal. I think there's a tech article on this. It's the side mouldings on your windsheild. Need to be caulked or glued down. Good luck. I used doublesided tape on mine and it worked fine so far.

I have had good luck with the Lund Interceptor bug shields on the 1999 to 2002 hoods design. I had a low profile bug shield on my '99 Sierra for about a week and went to the Interceptor back in 1999 because of the wind problem. Currently I have a TrailFx on my 2005, which the guy at the place I usually buy the Lund stuff said was supposedly from Lund molds. The TrailFX was in stock and about $5 cheaper. I have heard the noise under windy conditions at freeway speeds a couple of times with the TrailFX.

Archived