Bad miss or hesitation in overdrive

Goldburb

Question

I have a 2000 Suburban 4X4 with the 5.3. When I'm going down the highway at 65 with the cruise set I noticed that as I go up a hill and the RPM's drop it feels like the engine developes a bad miss until it shifts out of overdrive.

I can also make it happen at lower speeds. As long as the truck is in OD I can give it some gas and at a certain point the miss or surge develops until the truck downshifts or I let off.

Has anyone else experienced this?

0 answers to this question

I just changed plugs in the Fall so they should be good. I tried some Crane wires, but they turned out to be junk, so they went back to Summit and the original OEM wires went back on. The only other work I've had to do on the truck was a fuel pressure regulator swap.

The funny thing is, it only seemed to happen in Overdrive and when I load the throttle at low RPM.

I'm starting to suspect a fuel issue. I noticed tonight that when I rev the motor it stumbles off idle if I give it a little too much gas.

I dumped a can of Valvoline Synpower injector cleaner in tonight. I have about 400 miles of highway driving to do tomorrow, so it should get to do it's job.

Thanks!

Archived