Grease points on a 2500 HD Silverado 6.0

New Member here. Great forum guys. Been reading for a while, just joined today. I do my own oil and lube on my 2500 HD. All I have ever been able to find are 6 grease fittings. I have been told by my shade tree mechanic friends around the US there are from 8 to 11 fittings. Anyone know where they are? I have gotten the upper and lower ball joints and the tie rod ends.....then?

Thanks in advance!!

Pilot

GM-Trucks:Tech Forum - Grease Points

There are 11, above is a link to an article on this website that shows pictures of where each are.

BTW, I also have a 2004 2500 HD 4x4 and I used this article to find mine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the quick reply!! And with pictures to boot! Even I should be able to find them now!

I hope your 2500 is as good to you as mine has been. Great price/performance ratio.

Thanks again.

Pilot

• 5 years later...

There are 11, above is a link to an article on this website that shows pictures of where each are.

I found your post very helpful. Unfortunately the Grease Points link no longer works and I am hoping that you (or another member of this forum) may have saved the pictures from the site and could make them available. THank you.

I found your post very helpful. Unfortunately the Grease Points link no longer works and I am hoping that you (or another member of this forum) may have saved the pictures from the site and could make them available. THank you.

+1 I have only been able to find 6 so far

2-One at each inner tie rod, the zerk is on the centerlink more or less.

2-One on each outer tie rod end.

2-one on each upper ball joint.

2-One on each lower ball joint.

2-One each on the idler and pitman arm, at the point closest to the engine.

1-At the top of the idler arm pivot point, which is attached to the frame of the truck.

1 (If Applicable)-Rear u-joint if it has been changed for a greasable one.

Total of 11 zerk fittings, with an option of a total of 12, depending on that 1 variable.

Hopefully I can try and snag a few shots tomorrow.

• 3 years later...

As previously mentioned..

There are 11 grease fittings. two upper ball joints two lower ball joints, two outer and two inner ball joints, two on the idler arm and one on the pitman arm. Should be the same on 1500, 2500, 3500 HD and non HD.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Colossus or anyone who will help.

The pitman arm is from the steering wheel isnt it? I looked all around and only got 10 fittings done. Cant find the last one, a pic would be cool, but ill keep looking.

The pitman arm is the one attached to the gear box. On the top of the pitman arm where it attaches to the center link there should be a fitting.

Ok, found the 11th alamite. It is on the passenger side of the center link. I was looking all over the drivers side where the steering gearbox is, but apparently it is used in conjunction with the steering box on the opposite side to strengthen the steering mechanism.

Archived