Photo
- - - - -

Help! Locked keys in truck....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 jcarmouche

jcarmouche

Enthusiast

• 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 03:53 PM

I feel like a dumbass. :bs:

I don't have a spare set of keys. Is there any way I can manipulate the computer to unlock the doors? If so and you don't want to post it out in the open, PLEASE e-mail me at [email protected]

If not, should the parts dept at the dealer be able to look up the key code for my truck and program a key fob for me, or would they have to order a set of keys?

Thanks so much, guys.

#2 Meatywand

Meatywand

Enthusiast

• 130 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:50 AM

Pop a Lock? Coat Hanger? Slim Jim? all of these things will be easier than going to the dealer, or messing with th computer, once you get the keys out you can go and get a spare made
Posted Image

#3 Worktruck

Worktruck

Enthusiast

• 488 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:24 PM

Do you have a remote door lock key fob? If you have a spare all you have to do is call home on your cell phone and have someone at home press the button while you hold the phone in close proximity to the truck and "PRESTO" the doors unlock. Yes I've seen it happen. Couldn't beleive my eyes.
Posted Image
2002 Sierra 1500 Ext 4wd
7 1/2' Fisher MM
Ford Keys
Hellwig helpers
XM Radio
Flowmaster Force II
170 amp alt
Dual batteries

#4 Draenor

Draenor

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,605 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:53 PM

Do you have a remote door lock key fob? If you have a spare all you have to do is call home on your cell phone and have someone at home press the button while you hold the phone in close proximity to the truck and "PRESTO" the doors unlock. Yes I've seen it happen. Couldn't beleive my eyes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm gonna have to give that a try...The keyfob thing , not the locking of keys in the vehicle. :mad:

2004 GMC 2500 Sierra Metallic Gray CC/SWB

#5 ZE5

ZE5

Enthusiast

• 75 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:28 PM

I tried that cellphone with the key fob before... it didnt work for me

#6 nvmyz71

nvmyz71

Enthusiast

• 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:26 PM

It doesn't work, the guy is full of crap. There is a difference between radio waves (the key fob) and sound waves (cell phone).

It's an Internet urban myth. Don't believe me, check this out...

http://urbanlegends....unlock_door.htm

#7 clm7214

clm7214

Enthusiast

• 236 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:09 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, seriously. Where did you hear that? Some one is pullin your chain. That is electronically impossible. I repair electronic circuit cards and cryptology gear for a livin, and believe me, that aint possible.
Black 09 Sierra 2500HD Duramax, CCSB, SLT, 4x4. Every option except sunroof.

04 2500HD 6.0 152,000mi (SOLD)

#8 Wingnut

Wingnut

Senior Enthusiast

• Senior Moderator
  • 13,827 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:47 AM

I feel like a dumbass.  :uhoh:

I don't have a spare set of keys. Is there any way I can manipulate the computer to unlock the doors? If so and you don't want to post it out in the open, PLEASE e-mail me at [email protected]

If not, should the parts dept at the dealer be able to look up the key code for my truck and program a key fob for me, or would they have to order a set of keys?

Thanks so much, guys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you can prove ownership and have your VIN handy, the dealership can cut you a new key while you wait for about $10.
2006 IBM M6 GTO (CLICK MEEEE)
All that and a bag of chips. 532 RWHP, 503 RWTQ.
2007 Avalanche Z71
Bone stock.
2010 Toyota Camry. No pics because BLAH!

#9 hoorders

hoorders

Enthusiast

• 659 posts
  • Name:Ron M

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:25 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This absolutely does NOT work...............its impossible and its been proven thats impossible.............
Posted Image

#10 pwall

pwall

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,884 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:07 AM

darn...after years of trying with no luck, guess I'd best forget it. :smash: :uhoh:
Patrick.
Posted Image
Black Truck Member # ?? DMax Club Member # ??
RV Forum: http://rv-forums.org

#11 asilverblazer

asilverblazer

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,636 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:04 AM

I thought it had to be done on cell/digital phones... I've heard both ways, and one guy says he has seen it so I guess I'll try it for myself. (No promises, because my keyless remotes only work when alien space craft are in the area.)
1955 Chevrolet 4400 1 1/2ton Stake Bed
2007 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab LT Z-71 5.3L 4x4 BLACK
Signal Mirrors, Chrome Covers, Chrome Door Handles, Painted Bow-Ties, Painted Mirror Housings, Painted Tailgate Handle Bezel, Chrome Tailgate Handle, Leveling Kit, Kenwood DDX616 Headunit, Infinity 6022i speakers powered by Alpine Amp, Alpine Subs powered by Alpine Amp, Tinted Windows, Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller, Dale Jr. Cannons, Dueler A/T Revos

Posted Image

#12 BOBCAT5544

BOBCAT5544

Enthusiast

• 913 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:43 AM

I have always found this to be the easiest way to get into a vehicle.
Posted Image
:uhoh:
Automotive Back Ground ASE Certified Master Tech, GM Certified Master Tech, GM Certified Advance Master Engine Proformance, GM Certified Advance Master Electronics and Programing

Posted Image
2002 Silverado 2500hd 496 8.1L 4x4 Custom fit Magna Charger and Costum tune done my self, 5 speed Allison 1000 stage 4 ATS Billet Transmission with ATS CoPilot Electronic Transmission Controller, 3 inch lift. Super Swamper LTB Tires 33 x 13.50 on Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Rims 16x10, Westin wheel to wheel step bars and brush guard, double roll single kicker roll bars. 4 kc lights on brush guard and 8 kc lights on the roll bar

Posted Image
1978 VETTE With ZZ383 Crate Engine, Weiland 6-71 Blower, 2 Holley 750 Carbs, 9 Ford 40 Spline, Strange Spool, 40 Spline Axels, Gun Drilled, Strange Alum Center Section, Big Pinion, 4.11 Richmond Pro Gear

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ME
JONESY'S MYSPACE PAGE

#13 pwall

pwall

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,884 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:05 PM

I have always found this to be the easiest way to get into a vehicle.
Posted Image
:uhoh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That'll work everytime! ;)
Patrick.
Posted Image
Black Truck Member # ?? DMax Club Member # ??
RV Forum: http://rv-forums.org

#14 BOBCAT5544

BOBCAT5544

Enthusiast

• 913 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:28 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've also heard if you run out of gas on the highway, you can take your gas cap off fart in the filler neck, put the cap back on quickly, and drive five miles down the road :uhoh:
Automotive Back Ground ASE Certified Master Tech, GM Certified Master Tech, GM Certified Advance Master Engine Proformance, GM Certified Advance Master Electronics and Programing

Posted Image
2002 Silverado 2500hd 496 8.1L 4x4 Custom fit Magna Charger and Costum tune done my self, 5 speed Allison 1000 stage 4 ATS Billet Transmission with ATS CoPilot Electronic Transmission Controller, 3 inch lift. Super Swamper LTB Tires 33 x 13.50 on Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Rims 16x10, Westin wheel to wheel step bars and brush guard, double roll single kicker roll bars. 4 kc lights on brush guard and 8 kc lights on the roll bar

Posted Image
1978 VETTE With ZZ383 Crate Engine, Weiland 6-71 Blower, 2 Holley 750 Carbs, 9 Ford 40 Spline, Strange Spool, 40 Spline Axels, Gun Drilled, Strange Alum Center Section, Big Pinion, 4.11 Richmond Pro Gear

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ME
JONESY'S MYSPACE PAGE

#15 Buggle_96

Buggle_96

Enthusiast

• 288 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:35 PM

Can onstar do it...if you have onstar?
2005 ECSB Silverado 5.3L H.O.
Wait4me tune - Hot Tune 91+, with towing improvements.
Flowmaster Cat-back Kit #17362 - Love It!
aFe Stage II intake kit
Dual Aeroforce's on the pillar
DeeZee Black Powdercoated nerfs

Soon to come:
17" Weld Stonecrusher's wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG A/T KO's
Possible 4.10s.....?

Advertise Here