Help! Locked keys in truck....

jcarmouche

I feel like a dumbass. :bs:

I don't have a spare set of keys. Is there any way I can manipulate the computer to unlock the doors? If so and you don't want to post it out in the open, PLEASE e-mail me at [email protected].

If not, should the parts dept at the dealer be able to look up the key code for my truck and program a key fob for me, or would they have to order a set of keys?

Thanks so much, guys.

Do you have a remote door lock key fob? If you have a spare all you have to do is call home on your cell phone and have someone at home press the button while you hold the phone in close proximity to the truck and "PRESTO" the doors unlock. Yes I've seen it happen. Couldn't beleive my eyes.

Do you have a remote door lock key fob? If you have a spare all you have to do is call home on your cell phone and have someone at home press the button while you hold the phone in close proximity to the truck and "PRESTO" the doors unlock. Yes I've seen it happen. Couldn't beleive my eyes.

I'm gonna have to give that a try...The keyfob thing , not the locking of keys in the vehicle. :mad:

• 3 months later...

Dude, seriously. Where did you hear that? Some one is pullin your chain. That is electronically impossible. I repair electronic circuit cards and cryptology gear for a livin, and believe me, that aint possible.

I feel like a dumbass.  :uhoh:

I don't have a spare set of keys. Is there any way I can manipulate the computer to unlock the doors? If so and you don't want to post it out in the open, PLEASE e-mail me at [email protected].

If not, should the parts dept at the dealer be able to look up the key code for my truck and program a key fob for me, or would they have to order a set of keys?

Thanks so much, guys.

If you can prove ownership and have your VIN handy, the dealership can cut you a new key while you wait for about $10.

This absolutely does NOT work...............its impossible and its been proven thats impossible.............

I've also heard if you run out of gas on the highway, you can take your gas cap off fart in the filler neck, put the cap back on quickly, and drive five miles down the road :uhoh:

Archived