AUX Light Switch

I have the snow plow prep package on my 2001 HD. I would like to add some extra lights to the front. The dealer said years ago that is what the aux light switch is for when you plow. When I push it in it lights. I have seen posts saying it is for the wiring harness in the above the head liner for a amber warning light. Thing is I also have two connectors behind the bumper. There is no power on these when the switch is pushed in. If these are not for control by the aux light switch, what are they for and where do they go? Do I need to put a relay in? Does anyone have a clue.

Thanks.

Do you have factory fog lamps? If not those connectors behind the bumper should be for them.

The auxilary light switch on the dash,the one next to the HVAC controls,is for a roof beacon light,there is wiring taped to the roof panel above the headliner,there is also a relay,located in the B-pillar on the drivers side,for a roof light.

Don't leave the roof light switch in the "on" position,even with the ignition key off the switch is hot and remains in the "on" position and will drain your battery.

Don't leave the roof light switch in the "on" position,even with the ignition key off the switch is hot and remains in the "on" position and will drain your battery.

Do not want to hijack your thread, but I have heard this before... I figured GM would have some sort of BCM re-flash to fix this, but I guess it is just not worth it for gm to do this??

Do not want to hijack your thread, but I have heard this before... I figured GM would have some sort of BCM re-flash to fix this, but I guess it is just not worth it for gm to do this??

That would be a good idea to be able to "re-flash" the BCM so its only hot with the key on but for whatever reason GM thinks it needs to be hot all the time.

Thanks for the input.  Guess the connectors up front are for the fog light option.  Is there a way to use these wires by adding a relay and switch?  Does it take a reprogram of the BCM?

Thanks

I don't see that being a problem since GM offers an accessory fog lamp package.

You will need to add a relay and switch,and the BCM will need reprogramed.

Archived