2004 Tahoe with Factory Remote Start?

I have a 2004 Tahoe, and under the hood it says it is equipped with a DEI remote start system. How the hell do I use it?

I have read where 2 clicks of the lock button starts it but my horn chirps and no start. Is there a bypass switch for service I need to turn to the off position?

Thanks,

Jeremy

The only thing I can tell you for sure is that it is definetly NOT a factory remote starter system.

GM did not offer a factory remote starter system in the '04 Tahoe's,Or any truck for that matter.

Now the new '07 Tahoe/Suburban/Avalance's do offer a remote starter system.

Cool. Thanks for the reply man. I guess It must have been added by someone but I am unsure of how to operate it. When I purchased it, used of course, It had 2 key fob's and all manuals but mentioned nothing of a remote starter. But under the hood, there is a sticker that states the vehicle is equiped with a DEI Remote starter and mentions a bypass switch if you are serviceing the vehicle to prevent injury. I will see what I can dig up.

Thanks again.

Jeremy

It's also possible that the person that sold it, removed the remote starter.

My neighbor does stuff like that. He took all the lightbulbs, air filters, and stupid little things like the $4 bracket that holds the hose on the house when he sold his last house. He laughed when he was telling me this...I wanted to kick him in the pills.

Archived