Photo
- - - - -

2004 Tahoe with Factory Remote Start?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 skwid

skwid

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:15 PM

I have a 2004 Tahoe, and under the hood it says it is equipped with a DEI remote start system. How the hell do I use it?

I have read where 2 clicks of the lock button starts it but my horn chirps and no start. Is there a bypass switch for service I need to turn to the off position?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Edited by skwid, 23 May 2006 - 07:19 PM.

#2 MS3DALE

MS3DALE

Senior Enthusiast

• Senior Moderator
  • 14,922 posts
  • Name:Rich
  • Drives:'07 Silverado Z71 '11 Camaro SS '02 Saturn SC2

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:16 AM

The only thing I can tell you for sure is that it is definetly NOT a factory remote starter system.
GM did not offer a factory remote starter system in the '04 Tahoe's,Or any truck for that matter.
Now the new '07 Tahoe/Suburban/Avalance's do offer a remote starter system.

sig1alternate.png
'07 SILVERADO Z71 LT2 "VortecMAX" 6-Liter,"Super-Duty" Auto Trans,9 1/2" rear-end w/3.73 G80 Locker,XM,On-Star,BOSE speaker system,Stabilitrak,Block Heater,Sunroof,18" ARE "Cannon" Wheels w/LT275/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires.
Custom tune by Justin at Black Bear,CORSA "Sport" exhaust system,EXTANG "Full-Tilt" snapless tonneau cover,Rough Country 1.5" front leveling kit,Fabtech 1" rear lift blocks,EZ-Down tailgate damper.
GM accessories...Hood Deflector,Molded Mud-Flaps,Ventvisors,Catch-All Floor-Mats,Bedrail Protectors,BedRug Bedliner & Bedmat,and a GM Performance Parts cold-air intake.

2011 CAMARO 2SS/RS - LS3/M6 - Inferno Orange Met. - HURST short-throw - Roto-Fab CAI - Kook's LTs - CORSA exhaust - Black Bear tuned (playtoy!)
2012 CRUZE 1LT - Blue Topaz Met. - RS pkg.- Convenience pkg. (work car!)

My Garage

#3 skwid

skwid

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:44 AM

Cool. Thanks for the reply man. I guess It must have been added by someone but I am unsure of how to operate it. When I purchased it, used of course, It had 2 key fob's and all manuals but mentioned nothing of a remote starter. But under the hood, there is a sticker that states the vehicle is equiped with a DEI Remote starter and mentions a bypass switch if you are serviceing the vehicle to prevent injury. I will see what I can dig up.

Thanks again.
Jeremy

#4 Wingnut

Wingnut

Senior Enthusiast

• Senior Moderator
  • 13,827 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:53 AM

It's also possible that the person that sold it, removed the remote starter.

My neighbor does stuff like that. He took all the lightbulbs, air filters, and stupid little things like the $4 bracket that holds the hose on the house when he sold his last house. He laughed when he was telling me this...I wanted to kick him in the pills.
2006 IBM M6 GTO (CLICK MEEEE)
All that and a bag of chips. 532 RWHP, 503 RWTQ.
2007 Avalanche Z71
Bone stock.
2010 Toyota Camry. No pics because BLAH!