what is recall 05068?

jaslo

Question

0 answers to this question

Subject: Product Safety - Front Wheel Speed Sensor Corrosion #05068B - (04/21/2006)

Models: 1999-2002 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

2000-2002 CHEVROLET TAHOE, SUBURBAN

2002 CHEVROLET AVALANCHE

1999-2002 GMC SIERRA

2000-2002 GMC YUKON, YUKON XL

LOCATED IN THE SEVERE CORROSION AREAS LISTED BELOW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The breakpoints in this bulletin have been revised. Some vehicles were erroneously identified as registered in a corrosion area. A letter stating this, and removing them from the recall, was mailed to customers on April 21, 2006. Please discard all copies of bulletin 05068A, issued February 2006.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition

General Motors has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, 2000-2002 Chevrolet Tahoe, Suburban, 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche, 1999-2002 GMC Sierra, 2000-2002 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL vehicles located in the areas listed below. These vehicles may have a condition permitting corrosion to occur between the front hub/bearing assembly and the wheel speed sensor. If the brakes are applied while the vehicle is traveling at a speed of greater than 6 km/h (3.7 mph) but less than 16 km/h (10 mph), the corrosion may cause an unwanted anti-lock brake system (ABS) activation. If this condition occurred where stopping distance is limited, a crash could occur.

• Connecticut

• Delaware

• District of Columbia

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Maine

• Maryland

• Massachusetts

• Michigan

• Minnesota

• Missouri

• New Hampshire

• New Jersey

• New York

• Ohio

• Pennsylvania

• Rhode Island

• Vermont

• West Virginia

• Wisconsin

Correction

Dealers are to inspect, clean, and treat the affected area. In some cases, the front wheel speed sensor may require replacement.

Most of the dealerships that I have dealt with are pretty good.

My truck was out of warranty and I was having trouble with the ABS just as the news about a recall leaked. I took it to the local dealership and they took care of it right away. I was not charged and have had no problems with it since.

Hmmm, I bought my Yukon used last year, it's a 2000 and I have experienced the ABS activation while braking. Not having the VIN handy, I bought it in California and believe it's a CA vehicle, should I call a GMC/Chevy dealer and have it looked at? It's very troublesome coming to a stop sign. Doesn't do it all the time, just when I don't want it to :happysad:

Thanks

Aaron

Archived