Line-X Color Match

smujd

Just got a color matched Line-X bedliner sprayed into my new GMC 2500. The truck is dark metallic blue and the bed liner matches perfectly! I definietly recomend both Line-X and the color match. I'm glad I had it matched to the truck instead of the standard black.

Line-X of West Fort Worth did a great job. The owners are great folks and dedicated to making sure the product is 100% perfect. Big thumbs up to Line-X of West Fort Worth. I live in Dallas and other Line-X dealers are closer to me, but I'm glad I made the trip to Fort Worth--well worth it.

Bill

P.S. Not associated with Line-X or Line-X of West Fort Worth. Just a happy customer.

I love the color! :confused:

The total was $746.93. It was an extra $200 for the color match (well worth it) and $70 for over the rails.

I will post pictures as soon as I can figuire out my new camera... :mad:

Bill

• 5 months later...
Just got a color matched Line-X bedliner sprayed into my new GMC 2500.  The truck is dark metallic blue and the bed liner matches perfectly!  I definietly recomend both Line-X and the color match.  I'm glad I had it matched to the truck instead of the standard black.

Line-X of West Fort Worth did a great job.  The owners are great folks and dedicated to making sure the product is 100% perfect.  Big thumbs up to Line-X of West Fort Worth.  I live in Dallas and other Line-X dealers are closer to me, but I'm glad I made the trip to Fort Worth--well worth it.

Bill

P.S.  Not associated with Line-X or Line-X of West Fort Worth.  Just a happy customer.

A local Line-X dealer here said they would rather not do the color match because the color will fade.. They told me this when I asked about having the lower valance on the front bumper done...

• 1 year later...

A local Line-X dealer here said they would rather not do the color match because the color will fade.. They told me this when I asked about having the lower valance on the front bumper done...

My Line-X dealer said the same thing, the steel gray coat to match my truck would fade to greenish after a year or so. He couldn't spray the UV resistant clear coat over any color because I live in California and the material doesn't meet VOC air quality standards. So I had it sprayed black - appearance is top notch anyway.

I love the color! thumb.gif

The total was $746.93. It was an extra $200 for the color match (well worth it) and $70 for over the rails.

I will post pictures as soon as I can figuire out my new camera... mad.gif

Bill

That's cheap, I paid $745.79 for standard black over the rails on my NNBS, but I also got the LineX EXTRA, which is an extra clear gloss UV resistant coating guaranteed not to fade for the life of the truck. Doesn't sound like you got the EXTRA?

i guess i don't feel so bad about the price of mine was just barely over 500$ with taxes ...

Same here, I think it was about 500 (459+tax) for under the rail...When I had my HD done it was about 540 but was over the rail. 700+ is just ridiculous and my Line-X guy only charges like 80 bucks for color I think.

i guess i don't feel so bad about the price of mine was just barely over 500$ with taxes ...

Same here, I think it was about 500 (459+tax) for under the rail...When I had my HD done it was about 540 but was over the rail. 700+ is just ridiculous and my Line-X guy only charges like 80 bucks for color I think.

Mine would've ben around $500+, but I got LineX EXTRA, which is an extra UV coating, didn't read my post carefully enough eh? :ninja:

But then again EVERYTHING here in the NJ/NYC area is more expensive.

Mine would've ben around $500+, but I got LineX EXTRA, which is an extra UV coating, didn't read my post carefully enough eh? :ninja:

He could've been talking about the original poster, not you...? I think it's the 3rd or 4th msg down, smujd says he paid about $750.. no mention of "EXTRA" ..

He could've been talking about the original poster, not you...? I think it's the 3rd or 4th msg down, smujd says he paid about $750.. no mention of "EXTRA" ..

Ah, my error. :ughdance:

Man there big prices, got mine back in March for my longbed payed $350 for over the rails but its not color match also a buddy of mine got the color match in red about 1 year ago and it faded to almost pinkish color. The company that did mine was against color match due to the fading and the extra UV coating he didnt recommend eather cause he said it would pullout or go away also, he very could have said its the greatest and got more money out of me but he didnt. This is the same guy that does work for the state road trucks and county trucks and several dealers in my area.

• 3 weeks later...

Line-X Xtra is not a clear coat. It is a colored topcoat.

A color match will not fade if it is properly topcoated with Line-X Xtra or a NASON 2K Urethane. Both of which many Line-X shops use. If a dealer doesn't use Xtra or NASON it is because they don't want to hassle with it or they are not authorized to use it (ie improper permittting by the state or improper sparying facilities). I have done dozens of color matches and they turn out fine even in our 120 degree Las Vegas sun.

Archived