2003 Yukon radio removal

Anyone know a good resource/post/instruction/whatever on how to remove the head unit in a 2003 yukon? I bought the USA SPec and ipod2car and i want to try/install both of them. Any help, epecially with pictures, would be great.

Thanks

Send me your e-mail and I'll try to send you the service manual pages. The process is pretty stright forward and easy.

Document ID# 1365185

2003 GMC Truck Yukon XL - 2WD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radio Replacement

Removal Procedure

Remove the cluster bezel. Refer to Bezel Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) Cluster in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.

Remove the screws (1).

Pull out the radio assembly slightly in other to gain access to the connectors.

Disconnect the wire connectors.

Disconnect the coaxial cable from the radio.

Remove the radio assembly from the I/P.

Installation Procedure

Connect the coaxial cable to the radio.

Connect the wire connectors.

Push in the radio assembly in the opening in order to install the screws.

Notice

Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

Install the screws (1). Tighten

Tighten the screws to 1.6 N·m (14 lb in).

Install the cluster bezel. Refer to Bezel Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) Cluster in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.

Perform the radio setup , if equipped with UM8. Refer to Radio Setup . Refer to Service Programming System (SPS) in Programming for all other audio system configurations for setup.

I actually figured it out and you're right it was very easy. Everything just snaps out and you just unscrew the radio. What i need now is a wiring diagram for the radio harness. I just need to know which wire is the ground. Thanks!

Archived