Bose sound System in 2006 Silverado

Hi -

I was wondering if you all could help with a few questions I have. I purchased a 2006 Chevy Silverado with the LT3 package that includes the Bose sound system. I have the following questions -

1. Does the system have 6 or 7 speakers - somewhere along the line I thought it had seven. A friend of mine believes it is under the center console.

2. Does this system include a factory installed amp. I stopped at an aftermarket stereo installer to look at some options - he thought it had a factory installed amp but I called Crutchfield and they did not show an amp on that system.

3. My reason for stopping by the aftermarket dealer was to see if there were any options to enhance the system. He recommended taking the 1-way speakers out of the door and installing 2-way speakers - then add an AMP to run those two front speakers plus the front tweeters. Any opinions on this? Cost is $400 to $500 but I want to be able to hear a difference.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Hi -

I was wondering if you all could help with a few questions I have.  I purchased a 2006 Chevy Silverado with the LT3 package that includes the Bose sound system.  I have the following questions -

1.  Does the system have 6 or 7 speakers - somewhere along the line I thought it had seven.  A friend of mine believes it is under the center console.

2.  Does this system include a factory installed amp.  I stopped at an aftermarket stereo installer to look at some options - he thought it had a factory installed amp but I called Crutchfield and they did not show an amp on that system.

3.  My reason for stopping by the aftermarket dealer was to see if there were any options to enhance the system.  He recommended taking the 1-way speakers out of the door and installing 2-way speakers - then add an AMP to run those two front speakers plus the front tweeters.  Any opinions on this?  Cost is $400 to $500 but I want to be able to hear a difference.

I'm not an expert, but if you search this fourm you should find that there is an amp and sub under the console. I also believe that some systems have line level outputs for the front speakers that can be found behind the H/U.

Hi -

I was wondering if you all could help with a few questions I have.  I purchased a 2006 Chevy Silverado with the LT3 package that includes the Bose sound system.  I have the following questions -

1.  Does the system have 6 or 7 speakers - somewhere along the line I thought it had seven.  A friend of mine believes it is under the center console.

2.  Does this system include a factory installed amp.  I stopped at an aftermarket stereo installer to look at some options - he thought it had a factory installed amp but I called Crutchfield and they did not show an amp on that system.

3.  My reason for stopping by the aftermarket dealer was to see if there were any options to enhance the system.  He recommended taking the 1-way speakers out of the door and installing 2-way speakers - then add an AMP to run those two front speakers plus the front tweeters.  Any opinions on this?  Cost is $400 to $500 but I want to be able to hear a difference.

1. There is a sub under the center console

2. Yes, and itis also under the center console.

3. The Bose amp is already powering all the speakers. FWIW, I just installed an AOEM-GM24 pig tail to my radio to install the old subs and amp out of my 2000 Silvy. That device adds two sets of RCA outputs for adding additional amps to the system.

Thanks for the help. What is your opinion on adding an amp and 2-way speakers in the front? Would I realize the $500 investment in your opinion?

Thanks again!!!

Hi -

1. There is a sub under the center console

2. Yes, and itis also under the center console.

3. The Bose amp is already powering all the speakers. FWIW, I just installed an AOEM-GM24 pig tail to my radio to install the old subs and amp out of my 2000 Silvy. That device adds two sets of RCA outputs for adding additional amps to the system.

Thanks for the help.  What is your opinion on adding an amp and 2-way speakers in the front?  Would I realize the $500 investment in your opinion?

Thanks again!!!

I don't think so. I personally think the Bose system for mids and highs is great. I would just a tick more high frequency, but I like it fine how it is. I got spoiled by my 1/2" titanium dome tweeters on my old setup though :cool: . The only reason I made the changes to mine was to add some more low frequency. Different people have different tastes though. If you aren't happy with the sound of the mods and high, it may be worth it to you.

you can get a pretty good sound with the AOEM-GM24, an amp, and 2--10" subs.  you will be suprised how much better it sounds.

I get no Bass out of mine. For a Bose system I'm a bit disappointed. My wifes Explorer has better sound from its factory system than the Bose system. Anyone have the same problem or maybe mine isn't working properly.

you can get a pretty good sound with the AOEM-GM24, an amp, and 2--10" subs.  you will be suprised how much better it sounds.

I get no Bass out of mine. For a Bose system I'm a bit disappointed. My wifes Explorer has better sound from its factory system than the Bose system. Anyone have the same problem or maybe mine isn't working properly.

The sub in the standard bose system is pretty weak. The mids and highs are pretty impressive when combined with aftermarket amps/subs.

Maybe I'm not reading the spec right! :)

Entertainment

AM/FM stereo with seek/scan, 6-disc CD changer, Radio Data System (RDS), auto tone control, digital clock and 6 Bose premium speakers

Steering wheel audio controls

Rear-seat audio controls (Crew Cab)

Maybe I'm not reading the spec right! :)

Entertainment 

AM/FM stereo with seek/scan, 6-disc CD changer, Radio Data System (RDS), auto tone control, digital clock and 6 Bose premium speakers

Steering wheel audio controls 

Rear-seat audio controls (Crew Cab)

This is what I find on it:

ntertainment, Communication & Navigation

* Bose® Subwoofer

* Pre-Programmed Equalizer

* Radio Antenna

* Radio Data System

* Rear Sound Controls For Audio

* AM/FM Radio With Seek, Scan, Speed Sensitive Volume and Bose® Speaker System With 6 Speakers Total; 6-Disc CD Changer Integrated With Radio

my ext is also listed as "6 Bose premium speakers", but I assure it is there (I have had the console out and physically seen it).

It is a standard feature on the 06 1500 crew cab LT3.

this is what I have on my 06 Crew Sierra. Note: It depends on what treim package you get as to what kind of seating you have. I got the SLE2; therefore, I got bucket front seats; therefore, I got the amp and sub. Not that it is really worth it, just more stuff to replace to get decent sound.

"Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with CD and cassette player, includes seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, speed-compensated volume, TheftLock, Radio Data System (RDS) and 4-speakers on Regular Cab Models, and 6-speakers on Extended and Crew Cab Models (with bucket seats UB1 includes Bose speaker system, Bose amplifier and Bose subwoofer). (UB1)"

Id agree with you. I've always liked the Bose sound from home theater units, but their auto systems seem to lack. I also would like to hear some more bass. I do not know enough about these systems to know what I can do with the current system without changing out components. I really like the 6 disc feature of my stock radio, though my 12 disc aftermarket I had in my last truck was nicer. (I know I'm lazy, but if your on long trips, 12 cds beats 6).

Archived