Bose sound System in 2006 Silverado

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 Thunder_PC

Thunder_PC

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:57 PM

this is what I have on my 06 Crew Sierra.  Note:  It depends on what treim package you get as to what kind of seating you have.  I got the SLE2; therefore, I got bucket front seats; therefore, I got the amp and sub.  Not that it is really worth it, just more stuff to replace to get decent sound.

"Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with CD and cassette player, includes seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, speed-compensated volume, TheftLock, Radio Data System (RDS) and 4-speakers on Regular Cab Models, and 6-speakers on Extended and Crew Cab Models (with bucket seats UB1 includes Bose speaker system, Bose amplifier and Bose subwoofer). (UB1)"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. And the LT3 has buckets.

#17 ZR Rider

ZR Rider

Enthusiast

• 135 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:56 PM

Well... I have buckets and rear controls, that list pretty much somes up my truck... so my conclusion... that is one weck ass sub! LOL
Wonder if it need s a port or something??
Posted Image
2007 GMC Sierra SLT Crew 4x4.
Extang Hard Tri-fold,
AVS Hood protector, AVS Ventvisors,
Updated 2010 GMC Grill, USA Spec iPod Adapter

Kanalco Ltd. - Aluminum Panel Systems
Arctic Cat - What snowmobiling is all about

#18 VisualFX

VisualFX

Enthusiast

• 557 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:10 PM

Well... I have buckets and rear controls, that list pretty much somes up my truck... so my conclusion... that is one weck ass sub! LOL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Needs a driving force to launch it into the ocean and have the tooth fairy leave a decent one under your pillow.
2004 Silverado LT Extended Cab, Black
5.3L V8
4 Wheel Drive

Mods
-Magnaflow Catback Kit #15792
-Line-X Spray In Liner
-VentShield Visors
-Step Shield Sill Plates
-Bugflector II Bug Shield
-Removed 4x4 Graphics on Bed
-Removed Side Moulding on Cab
-Tinted Side Windows

Future Mods:....Lighting....Possibly Air Intake

#19 Thunder_PC

Thunder_PC

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:15 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is very small, and the "auto equalization" of the external Bose amp keeps it from putting out any kind of decent bass. Your not going to do anything to the sub itself to help it to sound better. About the only option to get any decent bass is to add subs. The system actually sounds pretty d**n good running factory everything + some aftermarket subs under the back seat.

#20 LewiSILVERADO

LewiSILVERADO

Enthusiast

• 171 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

It is very small, and the "auto equalization" of the external Bose amp keeps it from putting out any kind of decent bass. Your not going to do anything to the sub itself to help it to sound better. About the only option to get any decent bass is to add subs. The system actually sounds pretty d**n good running factory everything + some aftermarket subs under the back seat.

Sorry to resurect an old post, but is there any way to increase the volume of the stock sub? I've noticed that, like Bose home systems, there's actually some bass if you crank the volume WAY up. The home systems have a volume knob just for the sub. I think that if you could increase the input to the sub (relative to the other speakers) it might not sound too bad.
Posted Image
2006 Silverado LT Z71 ECSB
Topper, Tube Steps, Bug Shield, Tint, Ventshades
Custom stripes, chrome locking fuel filler door
Magnaflow 3" polished stainless side-exit exhaust
K&N Off-Road Intake

#21 omegafiler

omegafiler

Don't run, we are your friends!

• 1,892 posts
  • Drives:2009 GMC Sierra Denali AWD

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

Sorry to resurect an old post, but is there any way to increase the volume of the stock sub? I've noticed that, like Bose home systems, there's actually some bass if you crank the volume WAY up. The home systems have a volume knob just for the sub. I think that if you could increase the input to the sub (relative to the other speakers) it might not sound too bad.

The only way I could consistently get any real bass out of my Bose system (beyond being forced to listen to rap or techno really loud all day) was to plug in my notebook with an Audigy 2 sound card into the rear A/V jack of my rear dvd system, and then modify the EQ via the audigy software. But I will say, that does prove the system has the ability to sound pretty darn good. It's just the internal Bose EQ that screws everything up.

#22 LewiSILVERADO

LewiSILVERADO

Enthusiast

• 171 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:21 AM

The only way I could consistently get any real bass out of my Bose system (beyond being forced to listen to rap or techno really loud all day) was to plug in my notebook with an Audigy 2 sound card into the rear A/V jack of my rear dvd system, and then modify the EQ via the audigy software. But I will say, that does prove the system has the ability to sound pretty darn good. It's just the internal Bose EQ that screws everything up.

Thanks! Unfortunately I have an extended cab instead of a crew cab - no A/V input. I wonder if there's an input I could tap to do this? What I find interesting is that, for your approach to work, the Bose system must be based on Windows. Most modern control systems are based on existing operating systems - why re-write everything?
Posted Image
2006 Silverado LT Z71 ECSB
Topper, Tube Steps, Bug Shield, Tint, Ventshades
Custom stripes, chrome locking fuel filler door
Magnaflow 3" polished stainless side-exit exhaust
K&N Off-Road Intake

#23 ZR Rider

ZR Rider

Enthusiast

• 135 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:41 AM

I have noticed a huge differance getting away from CD's and running an iPod hooked to the XM side of the wiring harnass. Not earth shaking bass, but enough to feel through the floor and to shake the mirrors while driving!
Posted Image
2007 GMC Sierra SLT Crew 4x4.
Extang Hard Tri-fold,
AVS Hood protector, AVS Ventvisors,
Updated 2010 GMC Grill, USA Spec iPod Adapter

Kanalco Ltd. - Aluminum Panel Systems
Arctic Cat - What snowmobiling is all about

#24 lsorah0001

lsorah0001

Enthusiast

• 186 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:34 PM

Just out of curiosity, what size is the factory Bose sub?

2014 Silverado 4x4 DCRB - 5.3L

#25 traeside

traeside

Enthusiast

• 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:49 AM

Does my 2005 CC Bose premium sound have a sub? You are right very anemic I will see when I get chance what size the driver is perhaps it can be replaced with a more efficient one. Or is the auto EQ listening and constantly actually adjusting?
Todd
2005 CC SB 6.6 LLY
Posted Image

#26 traeside

traeside

Enthusiast

• 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:27 AM

i looked under the cupholder and can not see where the sub is. is it up front or sould i take out the storage unit?
Todd
2005 CC SB 6.6 LLY
Posted Image

#27 sceptre

sceptre

Enthusiast

• 118 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

how do you know if you have a bose system? I've got bose marked on my speaker covers on the doors and thats it. I've got a 2006 CC Vmax and what looks like a 6 speaker system to me. Bose is not marked on the cd player anywhere....it looks exactly like the one i just put back in my 03 S10 ZR2 before i traded it in. I do intend to remove stock cd player in the future, just trying to see what i have before i get at it.

On these newer trucks, do i still need to remove the door panel to get at the speaker, or does the speaker guard come off from the door? What are the quality of the bose speakers and what size are they?? I have 6.5's and 4x6 Alpine's from my S10 and wondering if i can put them in as well.
2011 Sierra 2500HD Duramax
- Work Truck so just the usual vent visors, grill inserts, husky floor mats and an Extang Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover.

2006 Sierra VortecMax
- AFE CAI, Corsa dB Cat-Back Exhaust and a Diablo Predator tuned by DiabLew. JVC Deck with Alpine system and 6500K HID's (low, high & fogs). Westin Bull Bar and Side Step Tubes, grill insert and Truxedo TruXport rollup tonneau cover. All protected by a Viper system with glassbreak, proximity & tailgate sensors.
Posted Image

#28 hatchetman337

hatchetman337

Enthusiast

• 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:54 PM

Sorry for old thread revival, but I found this in a search. I also have a 2006 Silverado 1500 Extended cab with the Bose system. One of my speakers blew today and I'd like to replace it right away. Will a regular aftermarket 6.5" drop in as a replacement? I have a nice set of Polks sitting around that should work nicely if they'll fit. Thanks.

#29 cnw20

cnw20

Enthusiast

• 28 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

Hi -
I was wondering if you all could help with a few questions I have.  I purchased a 2006 Chevy Silverado with the LT3 package that includes the Bose sound system.  I have the following questions -

1.  Does the system have 6 or 7 speakers - somewhere along the line I thought it had seven.  A friend of mine believes it is under the center console.

2.  Does this system include a factory installed amp.  I stopped at an aftermarket stereo installer to look at some options - he thought it had a factory installed amp but I called Crutchfield and they did not show an amp on that system.

3.  My reason for stopping by the aftermarket dealer was to see if there were any options to enhance the system.  He recommended taking the 1-way speakers out of the door and installing 2-way speakers - then add an AMP to run those two front speakers plus the front tweeters.  Any opinions on this?  Cost is $400 to $500 but I want to be able to hear a difference.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. There is a sub under the center console

2. Yes, and itis also under the center console.

3. The Bose amp is already powering all the speakers. FWIW, I just installed an AOEM-GM24 pig tail to my radio to install the old subs and amp out of my 2000 Silvy. That device adds two sets of RCA outputs for adding additional amps to the system.

How did you connect the AOEM-GM24 to the radio? Thanks

#30 GMC Denali 2006

GMC Denali 2006

Enthusiast

• 346 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:53 PM

I have a 2006 GMC Denali....does this have a Sub in it?
Posted Image

2006 GMC Yukon Denali - Black
AMSOIL Front to Rear
AMSOIL Air Filter
Airaid Modular Intake Tube
9.5 x 11 Stack Plate Trans Cooler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users