I have a 2004 Silverado CC, that I've owned for about a month. My question is yesterday when I switched from CD player to Radio, it seems lthat the Cd player just decided to dissapear! I can't switch the Cd player on and the disc icon isn't on the screen anymore. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? It seems from other post this might be pretty common for these radios.

• 6 months later...
I have a 2004 Silverado CC, that I've owned for about a month. My question is yesterday when I switched from CD player to Radio, it seems lthat the Cd player just decided to dissapear! I can't switch the Cd player on and the disc icon isn't on the screen anymore. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? It seems from other post this might be pretty common for these radios.

Bingo, Exactly what mine is doing. Started today. Started my truck today the player made a noice then the time went to 12:00. So I reset the clock and then noticed only the FM1, FM2, and AM modes will work. Its like the CD function is totally gone.

Also my CD is still in the player and will not eject. I will be resetting the fuse tomorrow.

This has been the only thing wrong with this truck since i ordered it brand new May of 2004.

Any body else have these issues???????????

Fixed it!!. The radio fuse was fine, but unplugged it for over a minute and plugged it back in and wala it was working fine.

just to note i still have the factory cd player because it works great, i have an 1000 kenwood amp hooked up to two 12" 500watt a piece subs and the speakers, so alls the HU is doing is putting out sound, which everybody can't believe how loud and nice sounding this setup sounds for a stock HU.

Maybe someday when it craps out i will be the PAC steering wheel control adapter, the gm Metra VT-GMRC-01 chime adapter, dash bezel and HU, but for know the current system is super.

• 2 years later...

Bingo, Exactly what mine is doing. Started today. Started my truck today the player made a noice then the time went to 12:00. So I reset the clock and then noticed only the FM1, FM2, and AM modes will work. Its like the CD function is totally gone.

Also my CD is still in the player and will not eject. I will be resetting the fuse tomorrow.

This has been the only thing wrong with this truck since i ordered it brand new May of 2004.

Any body else have these issues???????????

I just had the exact same thing happen to my 2005 GMC Sierra with factory head unit. I was pulling out of the garage and then the radio made a noize and the time reset to 12:00 and the CD that was still in the player wouldn't play and wouldn't eject. As listed above I pulled the radio fuse for a minute and then put the radio fuse back in and all seems well for now.

I purchased this truck in March of this year with 46,000 miles on it and I now have 50,000 miles and it is the only problem I have had with it.

Paul Beal

[email protected]

• 3 months later...
I just had the exact same thing happen to my 2005 GMC Sierra with factory head unit. I was pulling out of the garage and then the radio made a noize and the time reset to 12:00 and the CD that was still in the player wouldn't play and wouldn't eject. As listed above I pulled the radio fuse for a minute and then put the radio fuse back in and all seems well for now.

I purchased this truck in March of this year with 46,000 miles on it and I now have 50,000 miles and it is the only problem I have had with it.

I'm having the same issue with my 04 Yukon XL's 6 disc factory player. The battery got run down and the truck would not start. I put a new battery in, and all is well except for the CD player. It will sometime recognize there is one CD in there in slot 4 (there are 6 CD's stuck in there), sometimes it doesn't see any of them, and it won't play them ever. I try to insert one, and it comes up and says "insert CD", which I try, but it doesn't work since all the slots are actually full.

I pulled the fuse from the under hood box, and even pulled the power from the truck for the better part of a day, but to no avail. The radio is keeping it's presets, though, which makes me wonder if I need to pull the power longer? It does lose the time.

Am I not pulling the right fuse? It's the only one I can find for the radio. Any other tips?

Archived