Oil Catch Can

Is any body useing an oil catch can on their 5.3 or 4.8. Does it work? What brand do you have? Any problems with it?

The catch can mounts between the PCV and the intake. It is supposed to catch any excess oil that may get into your intake.

Thanks and have a great day,

Don :cheers:

Im using the AMW along with the LS6 valley cover.  Intake is spotless.  The new PCV wont fully cure the problem.

can1.jpg

can2.jpg

I installed the AMW catch can yesterday. I am using the stock pcv location. Every thing hooked up real well. Seems to function perfect. Hope this keeps the 5.3 clean.

Thanks and have a great day,

Don

Is that a vent on your oil add tube?

Yes it is. The vent tube that ran from the pass side valve cover to the TB was barfing oil into the intake. So I plugged off the line and fashioned a breather. Never a problem since day one I put the 6.0 in.

F-body guys were doing it with no problems too.

And my intake was freaking SPOTLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 years later...

Just installed a Lowe's/Kobalt catch can I had left over from a Pontiac G8 I got rid of. Installed it in the pcv vent line from the driver's valve cover up to the plastic intake manifold. Anxious to see if it does anything positive.

Just like I said, new people to the truck fraternity need answers, too. And revitalizing proven information leads to better products. This 65-year-young old fart is still doing stuff. Sometimes, outside the box!

Just like I said, new people to the truck fraternity need answers, too. And revitalizing proven information leads to better products. This 65-year-young old fart is still doing stuff. Sometimes, outside the box!

You go dude..... I started this thread and have had a AMW catch can since 2006. A real one...not an oil seperator from Lowe's...

http://www.accmachtech.com/catchcans.asp

• 2 weeks later...

Old thread however here is my catch can. It is a custom set-up using an LS6 valley cover. Ignore the cheap lines and tiewraps...it was test fitting and mock-up in these pics:

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

After about 2K miles I drained it. The system worked great!

IMG_2490.jpg

Archived