Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey guys well my abs light is on in my 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4.

The code that comes up is CO268. Pump Motor Circuit shorted. Just wondering what I can do to check things out and find out if the ABS pump is good or not.

Thanks Raymond

take the abs unit apart and put the amiture on a growler. as a last resort.

i would check the fuse first. then er lemmy check the book.

bah only goes to 98.

basicly do the standard test to find a short and hope it's not the motor itself. iirc it only comes as a unit. and pretty $$

The code that comes up is CO268. Pump Motor Circuit shorted. Just wondering what I can do to check things out and find out if the ABS pump is good or not.

Thanks Raymond

Take it out and send it to these guys.

http://www.modulemaster.com/

They will fix it for much less then buying new and will it probably last longer than the new one.

That is the guy I used to fix mine. Great work.

ken

ok so im told its the bpmv and not the ebcm so what can I do. can this be rebuilt at all...

they fix the specific problem of the abs pump running continuously. abs light, brake warning light on and pump running continuously. Thems the symptoms. My repair was quick and perfect about 160.00 as I recall.

ken

ok im am told the part is 2200 bucks plus install so what I am wanting to know is can i send out the brake pressure vave to get rebuilt anywhere

Thanks Raymond

My moms 2004 Tahoe had this problem. Turned out the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module?) for the ABS system has a resistor inside that took a shi*. Good thing we took the fuse out for the motor. Thats an extra 800 bucks for the pump. The module is around 1,000 bucks from the dealer. If, in your case, it is a module, and its not covered under warranty...I was checking around threads I think on here, a ton of people were going through ModuleMasters. Apparently they take yours and reprogram it/repair it and update it so it doesnt have a problem again. One mechanic explained it was probably a voltage spike that poped the resistor. Thats one expensive resistor. Hope this helps, if even only a little.

so if this is just a motor thats gone cant I just get the motor rebuilt and get the ebcm rebuilt.....

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.