Headlight buzzer? 1999 Tahoe

BPennacchia

I have a 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe, when I leave the headlights on and shut the truck off, I do not get a sound notification that I have left my headlights on. Where is this sound supposed to come from? Where can I troubleshoot this. Can someone please help me locate the problem and offer a fix, thanks

• 5 months later...
I have a 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe, when I leave the headlights on and shut the truck off, I do not get a sound notification that I have left my headlights on.  Where is this sound supposed to come from?  Where can I troubleshoot this.  Can someone please help me locate the problem and offer a fix, thanks

I have a 96 tahoe and the alarm is a small black box located on driver side if i remember right its behind the kick panel or just above. this is probably a dealer item

Ripping that little buzzer out of my 99 was the first thing I did to my Tahoe. I dunno about the rest of you but mine was REALLY loud. I should just wrap it up in electrical tape till it is quite enough not to make me loose my temper, oh well. It is a 3" x3" x1" little black box, it has 7 prongs, and on the opposite side of the prongs it has 18 little holes. Writting reads as follows: Made In Canada :smash: , Invotronics MFG. ,

9152 15042437. No other markings or special attributes. BTW it is located under the dash near all your relays and fuses.

I have ripped out mine too. Seems like it is quite a big part for what it is supposed to do. Anyway it drove me nuts and now it is gone. You could not even listen to the radio with the key in the ignition and the doors open (barbeque etc.)

I never had a problem until about two weeks ago when I left/forgot the lights on. When I came back to the truck after about 5 hours the starter only clicked.

:D

Anybody knows if I can get/use/ a different compatible buzzer (or audiable minder as this part is actually called) that does not make this annoying "beeyeee" sound? A nice mellow "bim-bam" of a :) would be so much nicer.

Archived