Hidden or silent recalls??

How would one find out if there hidden or silent recall on a vehicle?

I had my power steering pump replaced at the dealer last week and I am still baffled why they offered to buy the pump and just charge me labor (they called is a split repair). The service rep said it was a goodwill gesture on behalf of the dealer, mind you I did not buy my truck from them.

I have a feeling there is a hidden recall on a sized power steering pump and maybe they should of paid the whole thing.

By the way a 2002 Z71 Tahoe out of warranty with 52K miles and the pump simply siezed without warning.

Thanks,

LA

The dealers around here usually will do that if your vehicle is JUST out of warranty...and they know that GM will not eat the whole bill, so they offer to replace it for only a labor charge expecting most people to go with that as opposed to the whole bill. Kind of a crock if you ask me. As far as recalls, if you ever want to check on recalls, go to recall.gov

You can enter your specific vehicle and it will tell you all recalls currently open. Hope this is at least a little helpful.

-Brian

How would one find out if there hidden or silent recall on a vehicle?

I had my power steering pump replaced at the dealer last week and I am still baffled why they offered to buy the pump and just charge me labor (they called is a split repair).  The service rep said it was a goodwill gesture on behalf of the dealer, mind you I did not buy my truck from them.

I have a feeling there is a hidden recall on a sized power steering pump and maybe they should of paid the whole thing.

By the way a 2002 Z71 Tahoe out of warranty with 52K miles and the pump simply siezed without warning.

Thanks,

LA

There was a recall about a 1 1/2ish years ago for power steering pump/brake booster thingy shaft shearing. My truck had 100k on it when I took it in and they determined it was one of the "culprits" and replaced it at no charge to me. Now I have a nice shiny piece in my dirty engine compartment. :cheers:

Archived