Stock Skid Plates for 2500hd

Zane

Oh i bet you could. I ordered stock carpeting from them.  I would say just send them an email of what you're looking for and they'll give you the gm part number.  I ordered my transfer case skid plate for my 1500 from the local chevy dealer and it was 60 bucks I think.  Just to give you an idea of the prices.

Quote from 02_2500hd, posted on Oct. 19 2001,3:04

Thanks, just went to their site and sent it off.

Hope to here back from them soon.

thanks

g

They usually take 1-2 days. So don't look for it coming back too soon.    ???

Although, they do have good prices.

I'm bummed out....well sorta, they got back to me in 4 days with the part number and good prices. Yea, there S/H is a little steap, but on top of all that, I have to pay a 6% in state sales tax. Seems there HQ is in Winston-Salem NC, just up the road from home.

So, I found another place http://www.allgmpartsonline.net/ that has a live chat area too, with Steve and there prices are a little higher, but S/H was only $12.95 and no 6%.

Anyway, here's the part number for future reference by anyone.

15152823 - Oil Pan Skid plate      - $66.49  

15707630 - Transfer Case Shield  -$30.35

Mounting Hardware -  ???            -$19.05

Are the skid plates on CC's the same as X-cabs?  Are the skid plates on light dutys interchangable with HDs?

OK...I'm cheap and was planning on going the junkyard route.  Figured skid plates couldn't be that hard to remove/install.  And with all the drunks around here, the local U-Pick should be loaded with wreaked P/U's (caused by Ford and Dodge drivers of course).

All the mounting hardware consists of is just some grade 8 bolts, for those you'd be cheaper just picking them up at a hardware store.

As for whether or not they are interchangable, I would think that they would be.  The transfer case and oil pan are in the same spot whether you've got a reg cab, ext cab or crew cab.

• 1 month later...
Slighty off subject-but do any of you knowledable dudes know if there is a fuel tank skid plate available for the 1500?  I don't think GM makes one but I wondered if any of you guys have ever came across one from a seconary source?

Haven't seen one yet, but I could probably make something this summer.  I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard, just a piece of metal and some bolts.

• 1 month later...

Just received the skid plates for my 2500HD.  I ordered GM part number 12496035, $90.00 including S&H from GMPARTSDIRECT.  You get the oil pan and transfer case skid plates, 4 - M10x1.5x25mm mounting bolts for the transfer case plate and instructions.

Archived