2500HD 6.0L Upgrades?

I did do a search and came up with nothing on the topic of upgrades for my 6.0L. I have a slightly used '01 GMC 2500HD SLE ext cab short bed with 4.10's and stock P245 tires. :thumbs:  Love the truck and so far am unimpressed with the mileage. 11-13mpg. Can anything be done about it? K&N does not list a FIPK for it and the programable unit is a lot of money for a single use.

Thanks for your time,

Mike

Go to Performance Products and look for a listing for FIPK kits for your truck. The K & N part number for the kit is 57-3031. I got mine from there about 3 weeks ago. It was just released from K & N around Thanksgiving time.

Also if you go to Flow Master you can find out info on the new flowmaster muffler made for the 6.0l and 8.1l Big Block Muffler for your truck.

Bruce   :thumbs:

I've run only one tank of gas thru the truck since I put on the K&N FIPK. I have not calculated the mileage as of yet. It was a combination of normal driving and towing my trailer. So it would not be a good indication. I also heard it takes a couple tasks of gas for any solid results come about. I know the famous seat of the pants DYNO says it has better acceleration in the higher RPM ranges. I wont be putting on the new muffler for a few months. I just bought another car and the pockets are a little on the lean side. Labor is so expensive here in the Bay Area, it's not the price of parts, it's having them installed. I go to a speed shop for the muffler work, they know what they are doing with a welder.

Bruce

From my past experiance with my 5.3L I got about 1/2 mpg increase with the FIPK.  I don't know if you'd see that with the 6.0L, but it would be nice.  I have a K&N drop-in in my 6.0L but the colder weather isn't helping my mpg's...

www.performanceproducts.com really doesn't have a lot yet for the HD's.  Gibson does have two cat-back systems available (dual out the passenger side and then the two out the back), Volant, AirAid and K&N have cold air kits available.

I changed my lightbulbs immediately with PIAA's (from Performanceproducts.com

To bad you don't have a Duramax, I could direct you to some

electronic "boxes" that give about 120Hp and 200ft-lbs.  Not

to mention they only take about 20 minutes to install, and

about 5 to remove.  Don't know of anything out there for the

gassers though.   :thumbs:

Your wait is over... have checkbook ready

New 8.1 Liter Big Block GM Camshafts

COMP Cams® is producing some big-time power with their new series of cams designed and manufactured for GM’s 8.1 Liter Big Blocks. These high strength steel cams are available with various stock or custom grinds, and are precisely profiled to maximize the power curves required for drag racing, powerboats, tractor pulls, and other extreme use applications.

To find out more technical and application information, contact COMP Cams® at 1-800-999-0853.

Part # 46-408-9 Great torque, good for towing & RV’s. Works with O.E. exhaust and intake

Part # 46-413-9 Good midrange performance, great for daily driver, headers recommended

Part # 46-422-9 Best in performance applications, after-market intake and exhaust recommended

See pdf for picture

http://www.compcams.com/information/WhatsN...ess/8-1cams.pdf

Archived