Photo
- - - - -

6.0L coolant leak????????

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Coachmenguy

Coachmenguy

Enthusiast

• 219 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:08 PM

the other day i went to my buddies shop to change the oil, we got it up in the air and noticed coolant coming from the front of the motor, water pump looked dry, we couldn't trace it because of all the stuff in the way, but i traced it as far as the front of the oil pan where it meets the block. i know its not coming from there but thats as far as i could see. i know trans fluid is also pink but this did not appear to be trans fluid and all trans lines were dry. SO WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN ON??? now im not talkin a small wet spot, im talkin enough to make droplets. so any pointers on this would be great, i drive it normaly dont beat on it too often and its only got 43000 on it so this shouldnt be an issue!
2003 Silverado K2500LD ext. cab, short bed, 6.0l
K&N fipk, tinted windows, running boards, silverstar head/fog lights(high beams in fogs)!!, Cooper 285's
Magnaflow exhaust W/4.5" tip!!!!! '06 towing mirrors, line-x bedliner, wait4me tune!

#2 speedshifter

speedshifter

Enthusiast

• 186 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:36 PM

the other day i went to my buddies shop to change the oil, we got it up in the air and noticed coolant coming from the front of the motor, water pump looked dry, we couldn't trace it because of all the stuff in the way, but i traced it as far as the front of the oil pan where it meets the block.  i know its not coming from there but thats as far as i could see.  i know trans fluid is also pink but this did not appear to be trans fluid and all trans lines were dry.  SO WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN ON???  now im not talkin a small wet spot, im talkin enough to make droplets.  so any pointers on this would be great, i drive it normaly dont beat on it too often and its only got 43000 on it so this shouldnt be an issue!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

water pump gaskets

#3 C & A s Dad

C & A s Dad

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,888 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:52 AM

If you find it is the Water Pump gskt, I would stongly suggest that you go ahead and replace the pump while you have it off. Some of these pumps last forever but we do seem them going out before 100K sometime.
'02 Yukon XL 5.3 4.10 Gear
True Flow CAI, Red Taylor 8.2 PowerVolt Wires, Amsoil Fluids front to rear, RA300 Filter Mag, AirLift Air Springs, PML Finned Alum. High Capacity Diff. Cover, Putnam XDR Class V Receiver, Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge, Hypertech Max Energy Tuner

'71 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe SWB
350/4bbl, PS, AT, AC 100% Original, Even the Paint
100% American Iron

May the products and/or services that you provide not become incorrectly perceived as inferior to similar products and/or services offered by foreign companies as has happened with the Automotive Manufacturing Industry.
Be American, Buy American !!!