2005 tahoe tire pressure sensor problem

krugger

Question

I have a 2005 tahoe, I had a nail go through the left rear tire and I took it to the tire shop, when I got it back it read "service tire monitor" so I checked the tire pressures and that particular sensor was blank, so I reset the tpm and all the sensors read "0" air pressure, after driving around the other sensors start working but the left rear still reads "0" and the tire moniteo icon apears on the dash followed by "service tire monitor" :cool: I changed the sensor already and still the same problem, I hoocked up the scanner to it, under data all the sensors read, under codes, it displays rear left sensor fault.

If you can help that will be greatly appreciated.

0 answers to this question

I did, I did it manually, key on, set the parking brake and turn the head lamp switch to parking lights four times within four seconds, I hear the horn go off twice real quick and all the sensors read "0"

That is an INCOMPLETE sensor relearn procedure. After the horn beeps, you have to go around to each tire in the proper sequence (LF, RF, RR, LR) and let air out of the tire until the horn beeps once (for each tire). That will then learn THAT tire sensor. when all done with that, drive the vehicle to pick up the new info. Put in the proper amount of air too, of course.

p.s. You have to relearn all four sensors at the same time. Don't try just learning the one you replaced.

hey, thanks for the help, it worked :seeya: I did exactly what you told me, if it helps for any one who reads this, when you let air out of each tire; you don't have to let air out until the horn sounds. You let some air out, and you wait for the horn to sound, then you move on to the next tire. Thanks again for the help!!!!!

Did you "relearn" the sensors after replacing the one?  If so, by what method?

I did, I did it manually, key on, set the parking brake and turn the head lamp switch to parking lights four times within four seconds, I hear the horn go off twice real quick and all the sensors read "0"

That is an INCOMPLETE sensor relearn procedure. After the horn beeps, you have to go around to each tire in the proper sequence (LF, RF, RR, LR) and let air out of the tire until the horn beeps once (for each tire). That will then learn THAT tire sensor. when all done with that, drive the vehicle to pick up the new info. Put in the proper amount of air too, of course.

p.s. You have to relearn all four sensors at the same time. Don't try just learning the one you replaced.

Archived