plug wires

By the time you need to change your iridium plugs again, it'll probably be time for wires too. Plugs can go for 70k at least. GM says 100k. Of course the condition of your engine will be one factor that will determine replacement. For example, if your engine starts using oil and your plugs start having more and more deposits on them.

One tip, they say not remove iridium plugs and re-install them. If you've got them out, replace 'em

I like NGK spark plugs. I believe NGK supplies GM with OEM plugs so stock AC Delco plugs could easily be an OEM version of NGK plugs.

As for spark plug wires, I like Aurora Electronics wires. Earlier, Super Chevy mentioned that he has Taylor Thunder Bolts, which have a resistance of only 50 ohms/ft. The real important factor is the current flow for the AC component of the spark. This takes core wire diameter (cross section of the actual wire conductor ) as the AC current flows on the surface of the conductor. Aurora wires have a conductor cross section larger than any other wires I've found, yet retains sufficient DC resistance to suppress noise.

Understanding Spark Plug Wires

Aurora Spark Plug Wire Construction

The AC Plats are not NGK, only the Iridium's are NGK. IMHO, unless it is a small engine, I will not buy NGK.

I like NGK spark plugs. I believe NGK supplies GM with OEM plugs so stock AC Delco plugs could easily be an OEM version of NGK plugs.

As for spark plug wires, I like Aurora Electronics wires. Earlier, Super Chevy mentioned that he has Taylor Thunder Bolts, which have a resistance of only 50 ohms/ft. The real important factor is the current flow for the AC component of the spark. This takes core wire diameter (cross section of the actual wire conductor ) as the AC current flows on the surface of the conductor. Aurora wires have a conductor cross section larger than any other wires I've found, yet retains sufficient DC resistance to suppress noise.

Understanding Spark Plug Wires

Aurora Spark Plug Wire Construction

If your ignition system is stock, you won't see any gains with aftermarket wires, OEM delcos are perfect.

A lot of guys (myself included) run Taylor or MSD wires 'just because we can' :P

STOCK IGNITION ???

Other than afermarket plugs and wires what exactly can you do to enhance the ignition on a 2001 6.0?

• 2 years later...

Archived