Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1999 Tahoe 4x4

Q: 1999 Tahoe OEM Bilstein Suspension???

I do have a stock 1999 Chevy Tahoe 4dr 4x4 with Comfort & Security Package. I just love the way the truck did ride until now. :gmc:

After 72'Miles new shock are getting due soon. I decided that I do like to go with the original setting that I have used until now:

Q: On their website Bilstein offers two different sets of shocks for my truck. Series C and HD

Series C: front: BE5-2412-HO rear: BE5-2413-HO

Series HD: front: B46-2040-HO rear: B46-2179-HO

Which one is the one that is originally installed now on my truck by GM?

The problem is that as far as part numbers on the shock, I could only find these numbers on the front shock

15 15 29 44

98359 2412W000

which of course do not correspond with the partnumbers on Bilsteins website.

I called Bilstein and they just told me to go with the C setting if I want comfort.

Great. :banghead:

Yes, of course I want comfort IF that's the way the truck is set up right now. Most importantly I do like the same settings that right now.

Any ideas?

I'd love to know as well...would have guessed the HD (heavy Dutys) but the "C"s sound like they might be good as well...they ARE Bilstein after all...:nopity:

Bill

I went with the Heavy Dutys today...I don't find them very much stiffer than the comforts I suspect came from the factory...or at least, the GM spec'd (as I had read elsewhere) Bilstein's

Bill

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.