Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosedog

How do I flip down the backseat in my 03 1500?

This is my first Silverado ever and I can't figure out how to get the back seat to fold down (back to seat, not seat to back).

Any help would be appreciated!

You pull on the cloth tab just like you did to raise the seat. In this case it releases teh latch so that you can then lower the seat. You may have to push the seat into the back part of the seat just a bit to get the latch to release.

Have a nice day.

Bill

Well I tried that and it did not work. Maybe its an "option" that mine did not come with? I hope not.

If I understand correctly it sounds like you are trying to fold the seat "back" down, not fold the "seat" part down?

You didn't mention whether your 1500 is an x-cab or a crew, might make a difference. I know that on the extended cabs the seat "back" will not fold down without doing some modification. The crew cabs I think you can fold the seat back down but I'm not familiar with how to do this.

I believe on the extendeds, at least on mine, the seat bottom/cushion folds up against the back. The crews work the opposite way from my understanding.

If you want the seat back to fold down away from the rear window, you have to follow the instructions here.

Clicky Clicky

Sorry for not specifing earlier, its extended not cc. As for the link that is exactly what I'm looking to do.

Thanks for the help guys :crackup:

I wonder why GM didn't just make it that way :banghead:

frdfandc, thanks for the link. I finally was able to get some time yesterday, did the mod in about 1/2hr (the Y-cable was a little pain).

Just push on the seat it will go back a little further, while your holding it back pull the cloth tab and it should come down

Just push on the seat it will go back a little further, while your holding it back pull the cloth tab and it should come down

I had already tried that it didn't work. I had to do the mod.

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.