Host of codes

yeehaw87

Question

Alright, now my truck is throwing a host of codes at me. the first is P0753 (Shift Solenoid A Circuit), P0758 (Shift solenoid B Circuit), P0700 (Trans control system malfunction) and P1864, P1886, P1192 (all Mfg. specific). I have a 1996 Chevy Silverado K1500 with about 115,000 on it. I know it is not all uncommon to have the tranny go out at this point, but the truck also hasn't been abused that much. Another idea I am thinking is that could it possibly be that the trucks PCM itself is going out, therefore throwing a lot of codes? I have had a lot in the past few days, but when I drive for a bit, they go away and its no problem. Also, my truck will shift intially into first through fourth, but then, as I said before, the tach will drop, the truck will drop into 3rd and not shift out unless manually shifted, and thats only down to second, it won't go to first. Also, my tach will drop to zero, along with my speedo, and the gear indicator light will go out. Ha, I know there is a lot, but is there one thing that is making this all happen? I really hope it isn't a tranny, seeing as though I am in college. But then again, nothing a school loan can't pay for. Thanks for your help.

0 answers to this question

Alright, now my truck is throwing a host of codes at me.  the first is P0753 (Shift Solenoid A Circuit), P0758 (Shift solenoid B Circuit), P0700 (Trans control system malfunction) and P1864, P1886, P1192 (all Mfg. specific).  I have a 1996 Chevy Silverado K1500 with about 115,000 on it.  I know it is not all uncommon to have the tranny go out at this point, but the truck also hasn't been abused that much.  Another idea I am thinking is that could it possibly be that the trucks PCM itself is going out, therefore throwing a lot of codes?  I have had a lot in the past few days, but when I drive for a bit, they go away and its no problem.  Also, my truck will shift intially into first through fourth, but then, as I said before, the tach will drop, the truck will drop into 3rd and not shift out unless manually shifted, and thats only down to second, it won't go to first.  Also, my tach will drop to zero, along with my speedo, and the gear indicator light will go out.  Ha, I know there is a lot, but is there one thing that is making this all happen?  I really hope it isn't a tranny, seeing as though I am in college.  But then again, nothing a school loan can't pay for.  Thanks for your help.

i just had a similar problem with the code po753 shift solenoid. i had both a & b solenoids replaced and the service engine soon light went out for about 100 yards and then it came back on with the same po753 code. transmission is shifting fine. turns out my tech. replace the computer and that has solved the ses light

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. It was recommended by a friend of mine after he explained how the ignition works that that might be the problem. I did that, and it took out three of the codes, and the tranny shifts like a champ again. I still got 3 codes to figure out, but they are O2 sensor related, which I have simulators on the way to get rid of the cats, so I am not too worried.

Archived