"Ahh, it's snowing!!", and "A Camaro SS test drive&quot

Zane

Who dude!! We were only supposed to get a "dusting" and nothing else.   As i look out the window now i see almost 5 inches!?

------------------------------------------

Today (before the snow) i had the honor to test drive a 2001 Camaro SS. What a bad ass car!!! The sales guy told me "We normally don't let anyone under 21 even near these cars, but i know what you normally drive( refering to the Z28 and the Vette), so have fun". He gave me the keys, and walked away. Didn't even want to come with me. How cool is that?

Now i'm thinking about trading my ZR2 for a nice SS. :biggrin:

Prpblems with the above post:

1)You test drove a car.

OK,so there was only one problem with your post but if you are going to buy a Camaro,don't waste your money on an SS.For the 2-3k difference you can have a regular Z28 in the low 13's.I know you are probably going to finance part of the car but you can put the extra money per month away and have a serious machine.

BTW,atlest it wasn't a Mustake or Rustang or whatever it is that F*** calls their supposed sports car.

(Edited by yZR2k at 5:39 pm on Jan. 31, 2001)

I disagree!!! go with the SS, the Ram air does make a difference and many of those that have regular Zs later add a Ram air hood setup anyway. Besides that you get more than just Ram air. Most people that hot rod Zs never get around to upgrading the suspension until the stock wearout and upgradeding suspension, rims and tires is very expensive. It is nice to have that extra HP and handling right from the start without having to argue about voided warranties if something goes wrong in the first couple of years.

Now unless I got a great deal I would pass on the SLP extras on the SS and wait even if I wanted them and add later.

(Edited by HiG4s at 9:02 pm on Jan. 31, 2001)

Quote: from yZR2k on 6:38 pm on Jan. 31, 2001

Prpblems with the above post:

1)You test drove a car.

OK,so there was only one problem with your post but if you are going to buy a Camaro,don't waste your money on an SS.For the 2-3k difference you can have a regular Z28 in the low 13's.I know you are probably going to finance part of the car but you can put the extra money per month away and have a serious machine.

BTW,atlest it wasn't a Mustake or Rustang or whatever it is that F*** calls their supposed sports car.

(Edited by yZR2k at 5:39 pm on Jan. 31, 2001)

Sorry man. The only thing that i'm a sucker for more than trucks is sports cars. As for getting a Z28 over an SS, maybe, but i love the  looks of the car with the big hood scoop.  And that extra hp is exactly what i'm looking for! 325 hp to be exact. Did i mention that after driving a corvette i'm spoiled?? :biggrin:

Nothing is going to happen to quick anyway. I still have 9,000 miles to burn on my truck before the warrenty is up. At my current rate, i should have that done sometime around mid-end of summer.

Quote: from HiG4s on 8:01 pm on Jan. 31, 2001

I disagree!!! go with the SS, the Ram air does make a difference and many of those that have regular Zs later add a Ram air hood setup anyway. Besides that you get more than just Ram air. Most people that hot rod Zs never get around to upgrading the suspension until the stock wearout and upgradeding suspension, rims and tires is very expensive. It is nice to have that extra HP and handling right from the start without having to argue about voided warranties if something goes wrong in the first couple of years.

Now unless I got a great deal I would pass on the SLP extras on the SS and wait even if I wanted them and add later.

(Edited by HiG4s at 9:02 pm on Jan. 31, 2001)

My whole point is that the extra money is not worth the extra 25 hp.The SS hoods(atleast the early designs)were not as good as the Firehawks' because the scoop was too far back on the hood and the air passage had to route back to the front of the hood.This allowed the air to be warmer than the FHs' which results in a little less power gain.

In regards to the suspension,it's always been my understaning that the Z28 and SS share the same one.

There is a used '99 that I saw on the net in Eastern New York...  SS/6-speed...  of course it is the coolest color that I think you can get it HUGGER ORANGE!!!   Ohh...  I forgot that is has a white convertible top and is one of 35 made that year...!!!!   What a cool ride that would be!!!   I think it has around 3000 miles on it and the price was aropund ?K.  I wish I didn't have thre kids!!!  bummer!!

Archived