2007 suburban battery change

blueinterceptor

• 2 weeks later...
what is the largest battery that can replace the factory battery?

highest cca and reserve capacity?  part number

how do you add the second battery or can you switch the battery's location to the front fender?  near the driver's side grille

I installed a 2nd battery in my 99 pickup with a GM battery tray intended for diesel/camper options. Rather than get fancy with isolation wiring, I ran a heavy cable to positive side of battery and connected it to power connection located on red power tap case located at drivers side front of engine. Sounds like you're desperate for more battery power....what are your battery needs for?

how do you add the second battery or can you switch the battery's location to the front fender?  near the driver's side grille

I installed a 2nd battery in my 99 pickup with a GM battery tray intended for diesel/camper options. Rather than get fancy with isolation wiring, I ran a heavy cable to positive side of battery and connected it to power connection located on red power tap case located at drivers side front of engine. Sounds like you're desperate for more battery power....what are your battery needs for?

not desperate... i want a larger capacity battery. i ran my hazzards the other day for 60 minutes and the battery was dead.

Copy that....if you take your truck to any battery shop they can tell you what group will fit and the largest CCA available in that group....usually you'll end up with a DT (dual terminal-side and top) battery, just make sure the top posts don't hit the hood or something. DT's are nice to jump and you can wire accessories to the extra posts. You should be able to get at least 850 CCA in there. Check with your dealer if they have an optional battery tray for your truck.

not desperate... i want a larger capacity battery. i ran my hazzards the other day for 60 minutes and the battery was dead.

i went to chevy today

i got a series 48 battery. 770 cca 120min r/c

it has to be a series 48 the red plastic booster box has to go around the battery's top.

old battery was bolted to the extra battery tray. chevy is looking up parts for second battery install as used in silverado p/u

in case anyone was interested.

Archived